The beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The beginning

On the day I bought it. I have more but they are of the tear down. I'll dl more later.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by FordCore; 04-25-2005, 08:10 PM.
    70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

That is a PERFECT starting point!! Nice rig!
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

That is a great starting point. Nice find.
      71 Trail Bronco, 351w, 435, 37's, Detroit in back, ARB upfront with excessive trail souvenirs.

Comment

Alright enough guessing. We understand you are doing a frame off rebuild, fixing the frame , dipping the body, 435 tranny, but whats the low down. Building a clean street/ trail bronco, prerunner or rockcrawler. Lets see some pics and get the downlow on what ya doing FM
        72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
        1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Tetnus is it name, When I was cleanling the crap out from the previous owner, who must have been a carpenter. I found at lest 3 lbs of rust double headed nails all over the inside.
          My plans for this are for it to be a clean rockcrawler/aircraft recovery. We'll have to see how long iI can keep it that way

Visions for Tetnus

5.5 suspension w/ extend duff style Rad arms
          2" body life
          9" ARB Air, disc, 4:88 (i think)
          Dana 44 ARB Air, Dics, 4:88
          302, Holly fuel injection, possibly 347 stroker hydraulic roller ( eng setup undecided)
          NP 435
          Atlas II 5:!
          37 inch ties type undecided
          beadlocks of some kind
          Famliy style cage something like Mike C cage
          linex interior
          Dry nitrogen bottles for Air ups (still in design and practicality mode)
          box in all leaf mounts and front frame gussets
          A bunch more mods for rock protection and what ever esle I can think of to test my ability.
          I hope that answer your Question.
          70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

if you build it....it will wheel..nicely.
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

The Tear Down

Here are some pics of the tear down: I got word from Nor-Cal metal stripping that the tub, doors, tailgate, and windshield frame will be done this weekend
              Attached Files
              Last edited by FordCore; 04-25-2005, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Looks a lot like mine when I got her! I had a friend drive mine about 10 miles with the fred and barney style floor board to get her home.(Thanks again Rokcrln) Sounds like you got all the right idea's and diffenitely the right shop to work in.
                70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Great name for a rig and what a great place to do a build-up. Look forward to swinging by sometime. FM
                  72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                  1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

We need some updates!!

Comment

body is back

The body is back from acid dip and prime. As of today the 2" body life is in and body is mounted to frame, so I can start cutting the rocker panels and fab up rockslides, install bc bronco rear 1/4 panel rock armor. Pics will be coming soon.

Comment

boxed in rocker

Well the pics are in. Heres the body after acid dip and primer. Then we start with cuting out the rocker, welding in3/4 square tubing, making the template for 12ga sheet metal to box it all in. I ended up cuting all the rocker out except for the part that curves to make a the door gaps equal and square. Now its time for the right side. I did a lil test and its sad but true. I do a lot better work and get more done if I don't drink
                        Attached Files

Comment

Up date of tetnus

forgot the primer pic
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by FordCore; 05-24-2005, 08:45 PM. Reason: needs title

Comment

shaweet!

Comment

who did your acid dip?? I have a body that I am looking to finish for a swap later this year. PM or post the number!! Gracias!

Comment

Working...
                              X