No announcement yet.

The beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also curious as to who did the acid dip. Now what do you do where the acid gets into places like the door posts but you can not get primer in after? Did they primer dip as well? I would be worried about these area's. Although I guess they did not get hit from the factory ether. Looks good keep postin!

Kevin
    71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Nor-Cal Metal stripping in Windsor, CA # 800-698-9470. The only pain in the a@# thing about acid dipping is that all tar, body filler and seam sealer needs to be removed or you'll pay 80 per hour for the labor. Let me know when your ready and i'll give you some helpful ways to remove the crap. I used a corrosion protective coating called Dinatrol or AV-8 it is used in the aerospace industry to protect the inside of airframes. Its pricey but i have a 5 gals of the stuff since thats what I do. I applied it with by atommizing it with a solvent gun. Its only good for places you will not be finishing, b/c it leaves a semi tacky film.

Chris
      70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Originally posted by FordCore
        Nor-Cal Metal stripping in Windsor, CA # 800-698-9470. The only pain in the a@# thing about acid dipping is that all tar, body filler and seam sealer needs to be removed or you'll pay 80 per hour for the labor. Let me know when your ready and i'll give you some helpful ways to remove the crap. I used a corrosion protective coating called Dinatrol or AV-8 it is used in the aerospace industry to protect the inside of airframes. Its pricey but i have a 5 gals of the stuff since thats what I do. I applied it with by atommizing it with a solvent gun. Its only good for places you will not be finishing, b/c it leaves a semi tacky film.

Chris
        Good info. Never really thought about the body filler and whatnot...
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Hanson Bumper and stripped hp44

Well the front bumper finally made it in today, I'm still waitin for the rear. The guys at Hanson are something else. They seem to be slow at getting products out the door, but their service is preety good. Paul at hanson has kept in contact through the month I have been waiting. Here is the full width HP44 i bought from Delta ( Thanks for the deal) everything is coming out good. I'll be priming and startin' on the 9" full width housing tomorrow. Thanks again Carl

Chris
          Attached Files
          70 EB, Frame up project, NP 435/203/205, FW hp d44, fw 9", EFI 302, Crab cage, Hanson front and rear

Comment

Looks like a great bumper. I would love to get one myself.

Comment

Looks great. Hard to believe that's the same axle. I love hanson's work as well. Have you thought about cutting a couple inches off the fron of the frame to tuck the bumper closer?? It works wonders for approach angles.
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Didn't think about that, Thanks for the idea.

Comment

Sweet look'n bumper man! I'm sure the rear will be just as nice. Your rig is coming along great too. Won't be long before you'll have it on the road. Do you know what color that you are going to paint it?

Comment

I thinking a fairly dark metalic blue but not as dark as say a Navy blue.
                    Thanks

Comment

Didn't think about that, Thanks for the idea.
                      no problem...

Comment

I bought new fenders and cut for the gorilla flares, moved the bumper in about an inch, and cut the grill and fender to extend the bumper underneath for protection. That was the easy little stuff.
                        Now I was playing around to expand the front inner fenders just to make sure I don't have any rubbing during flex with a 37 inch tire. Without stretching them like Crawlin68 (nice job though) Here is what I came up with for the passenger side. I have a before and after pic od the expanded inner fender. Let me know what you think! Do you think it will Help or was it pointless?
                        Chris
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hell yes it will help. That looks great! Are you going to do the rear inner fender tubs too? Looking man!

Comment

Have you received your 203 from, WMS yet??

Comment

Nope, I'm not up to that point, Still working on body fab. not much left though. I have the Crab cage ordered, rear hanson mounting in progress and Dashboard in the works, and I still have to order my gas cap and fab a filler. I almost at the end of my body list.
                              Chris

Comment

I almost at the end of my body list.

Now that is funny!! I remember a few months ago when I said that same thing! He He.

Comment

Working...
                                X