Highlander's Bronco Upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by highlander
    I have been vacillating which way to go. I am still just trying to figure out the best route and where to put the muffler. I think the muffler is going to have to hug the frame over the rear axle. I am also trying to decide whether to use one of my existing mufflers or buy something new. I typically don't like the sound of Flowmasters but the Hushpower II might fit just right.

If you decide to build it yourself, I have some straight 2 1/2 inch aluminized tube left over from mine if you need it. I bought it from Napa and you have to buy it in 10' sections and I didn't need that much.

I've got a friend that has the Hushpower II on his Heep and it sounds real nice. The only reason that I didn't go that way was the price of those suckers.
    Thanks Patrick, I might take up on that tubing. I ordered some bends and a muffler last night.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
      I loaded it down when I set the height and then gave myself an extra 1/4". The coils are used so they have already settled.
      Bitchin...I have a feeling you will not miss the leafs for a second.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• The brown truck came today and brought me a few presents:
        Attached Files
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Nice! So who did youhave do you driveline work? Bring on the new exhaust!

Comment

• The driveshafts are from WH.

Comment

• Do you ever sleep or work? great and impressive work buddy!
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Do you ever sleep or work? great and impressive work buddy!
                I work as little as possible and sleep as much as possible, but I am still working way to much and sleeping way to little! I had a few days off last week so, I got a lot done on the Bronco.
                I am anxious to get back on the trails before summer is over.
                Here is what I did on the exhaust tonight, dual 2.25" into single 2.5":
                Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good, thats what I am doing this weekend, except I have long tubes. I am dumping through the body like Patricks
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Looks good, thats what I am doing this weekend, except I have long tubes. I am dumping through the body like Patricks
                    Where are you going to make the crossover?

Comment

• Looks good Steve. That looks like a twin of mine. I will be home tonight and tomorrow night if you want to swing by and pick up the straight tube.

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                        Where are you going to make the crossover?
                        Not sure, I will have to lay there awhile and look with tube in hand. Thinking ahead of the 435 might work though.
                        68 Slightly modified
                        67 LUBR once again
                        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncrick
                          Not sure, I will have to lay there awhile and look with tube in hand. Thinking ahead of the 435 might work though.

Don't do too much thinking with your tube in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68
                            Don't do too much thinking with your tube in hand.
                            where did you cross yours over Patrick?
                            68 Slightly modified
                            67 LUBR once again
                            61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• I have the WH shorty headers too, so I don't know if this will help you or not, but I crossed over right between the bell housing and NP435.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks! should help highlander too
                                68 Slightly modified
                                67 LUBR once again
                                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
                                X