• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Project: No Name Yet

Sweet, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Hope I'm not to little late to weigh in but I'm in the same boat. I called PSC a couple weeks back with the same question. I have an F150 box and want to add ram assist. Here's what they told me. To start with the box they said send it to them to tap. I asked them if their boxes would make any difference over mine and he said no. Next he would match a ram to my tire size and set up. Then he recommended getting one of their pumps. To have all of this done is a pretty penny ( just under a grand) but I have watched many of my friends run crazy ram set ups that never work right. One might be great on the trail but once on the road they are to sensitive or to slow and vs versa. Me personally I'm going to spend the extra coin to know that my steering is done right. My .02

Comment

I just did this upgrade. For years I've had trouble steering while on the rocks. With my Hydroboost and ram steering, my stock saginaw pump just didn't put out enough flow. So I ponny'ed up for the PSC pump with remote res. I can't wait to hit the Rubicon next week to see if it improves my steering while on the rocks!

Comment

Definitely not too late! I have a while to decide what I want since I
          just blew my Bronco savings on another Bronco...
          Let me know how yours works out Patrick!

Comment

Well, I ended up getting the Wild Horses Extreme kit, so hopefully it works out..

BUT I need some suggestions guys...!
            I sold my 35's and want to go bigger...
            Of course 37's will probably fit as is... But them 39's will fit with an inch
            of body lift, right? Then again, new wheel time, might as well buy 8 lug,
            sell off the axles and go full width to get a little wider so it isn't tippy with
            bigger tires...

Oh, the drama....

What do you guys think???

Comment

Well it is getting to winter time so now the snow balls get rolling. Sound like a lot of work but should look nice.

Comment

I'm not sure which direction to go, really.
                I have a lot of money and parts into my 44 and 9...

Comment

If you are staying with 35 -37" tires 44's and 9" work but but for 39's it will start killing dana 44 parts.

Comment

I agree, if you are going to stay with 37 inch tires, your 44/9 combo will be fine, but if those 39's are calling you, I would set step up to a 60 front and some kind of 8 lug rear. (D60, D70, 14 bolt, 10.25, etc.....) Or you could always build some mog/9's!!!

Comment

I don't need any reduction boxes! I have enough of those on VW's...

I actually have a D70... Isn't it a little big and heavy to use on the EB?

How much more lift do you think I would need if I went to go full width & 39's?

Should I just stick with a new set of 37's on my std width and call it a day?
                      Maybe ditch the Yukons and go with RCV axles?

Comment

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but how much lift do you currently have? I run 5.5" suspension and 2" body with 37" tires on stock width axles. Before I lowered my rear bump stops, I sliced into the tread pretty deep on a trail last year - the inner fender got it. There are guys that squeeze 37" tires underneath with 2" less suspension than I have, however I'd guess they run even taller bump stops to limit up travel to almost nothing - or do sheet metal mods to open up the wheel wells inside. Outer fenders with warflares have not been a problem at all, its only been the inners.

I would not go any taller than 37" on stock width axles personally... I'm looking to drop a little suspension height, as my rig got pretty tippy on the rubicon.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

I don't want mine tippy...
                          I have the 4.5" winch coils, so they are probably 5" coils with a 1" body lift.
                          I also have built both of my axles pretty good and I don't want to give them
                          away for free, so I would hope I could sell them off for a decent price...

Front - New discs, OX, Yukon Chromolys, Warn Hubs, Track bar riser, TRO, 4.56
                          Rear - Detroit, Yukon Chromolys, all new brakes, Fourtrex guard, 4.56's
                          Attached Files

Comment

I love how your Bronco looks. What is the main goal? Stability? bigger Tires? Going full width is going to be some work and then you have to build up your axles ($$). But you will not regret it. Let me know how much you want for your axles if you sell them. Thanks

Comment

I love how your Bronco looks!
                              I am not ready to go quite that extreme yet, though...

I need more clearance for the snow, so I want bigger tires, but I
                              don't want it tippy for wheeling in the dry seasons, so don't want to
                              go too big on my stock width axles...

Do you guys think I would be stupid to go to full width?
                              Should I just slap some 37's on it as is and call it a day?

There are some other mods I want to do too, so I would have more money
                              for those if I stuck with the axles I have. For some reason I got all these
                              crazy 8 lug ideas when I went wheel shopping. Why spend the money on
                              a set of 37's with 5 lug 17's? If I have to buy wheels anyway why not get
                              them for a FW setup?

Comment

It all comes down to money and time. It sounds like 37's and a cheap pair of wheels will get you by for a while until you go extreme

Comment

Working...
                                X