No announcement yet.

70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope ya could of went to Nuclear Orange!! LMAO!

Comment

• VERY NICE
      OT
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Tony,

Looks even better in the sunlight. Purdy!!
        Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
        I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• I can't wait to see it in person. I bet it looks even better.

Comment

• Where are the doors? Still in the garage getting the 01 painted on?
            Looks awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by House View Post
              Where are the doors? Still in the garage getting the 01 painted on?
              Looks awesome!
              LOL! No 01 on the doors but somebody threw out the idea of a confederate flag bikini top once... Maybe for a trail-only top

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement.

Patrick - On the topic of "seeing it in person" - I think we need to start working on Chris (Fordcore) to host another get-together early next year. By that time I should be able to get my rig over there - I'll tow it if I have to!

I'm currently working on the doors, grill, hood, windshield frame and tailgate, getting them all ready for primer and paint. My hood has turned out to be a real PITA to straighten out. The 69 Boss Mustang hood scoop is history and I'm just trying to get the sheet metal into better shape.

I'm smoothing my tailgate like I did with the rest of the sheet metal and patching all the holes from the PO's soft top installation. What a job...
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

• It's looking really good. What are you going to do for the inside of the tube?
                67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

• Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                  It's looking really good. What are you going to do for the inside of the tube?
                  Thanks...
                  I'm going with a spray-in bedliner for the interior, just as soon as the rest of the pieces are painted and ready.

I made some good progress yesterday afternoon (got off work on time for once). The hood is at about 90% and the tailgate is at about 50% of where it needs to be. The windshield frame is almost ready for primer and the doors, well they are another story all together... They are low on my list because I can drive my beast without them

If the humidity is low enough and I can continue to make progress this week I may have these pieces in primer on Sunday.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

• I hit a couple of stumbling blocks with my body work (namely - figuring out what to do about my hood that either needs modification or replacement to accomodate my 351 - so haven't made any more progress towards paint and reassembly, but I did shoot the inside of the tub with a spray-on bedliner made by SEM. I'm pretty happy with my results so far - this was easier than trying to haul my Bronco down to get it lined by someone else so hopefully it holds up. Saved myself some coin too - the kit is $200 and you apply it with a standard undercoating gun (Schutz gun).

Here's a couple pics. I also started messing around with the engine some more but its still a long ways off from running.

Tony
                    Attached Files
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

• I sure like shiny black bed liner contrasting bright a$$ orange.
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• VERY nice Tony! Now I know where I'm getting my rig painted
                        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                          I sure like shiny black bed liner contrasting bright a$$ orange.
                          Thanks... I really like the contrast too. I was starting to question my color choice - but the black has definitely added to the overall look. I guess I have the halloween Bronco now...

Originally posted by ffmdx
                          VERY nice Tony! Now I know where I'm getting my rig painted
                          Not sure I'm up for another paint job anytime soon... but maybe if the mess is at someone else's place it'd be fun . I'm certainly willing to help where I can.

Tony
                          Last edited by CityHick; 10-21-2007, 07:13 PM.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

• That liner came out great. Would you say in durability and thickness that it resembles Line-x or Dura liner better?
                            67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                            69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                            69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                            79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                            67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

• Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                              That liner came out great. Would you say in durability and thickness that it resembles Line-x or Dura liner better?
                              Hard to say about durability until I actually "live" with it for a while. The thickness is basically up to you when you apply it. I'd say mine's a bit thinner than line-x on the bed rails and door frames, but I applied it a bit thicker on the floor and fenderwells. I doubt its as durable as line-x or rhino, but for a vehicle interior vs a truck bed, It seems like it'll hold up fine. Its got a 72-hour cure time until its hard enough to use. 8 hours dry time to the touch.

Time will tell.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

• WOW! That came out great. I like the color contrast too. Looks friggen awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X