No announcement yet.

70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks better and better with every picture that you post. Looks awesome Tony!

Comment

• .....my Bronco is actually starting to look like a vehicle again. I REALLY need some wheels and tires now, don't I?.....

Tony,

Looks great, that orange sure pops in the sunlight!! What wheels/tires are you thinking about? What size?
      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Damn Tony, that first scratch is gonna hurt. Lookin good.

Jeff
        Vacaville, Ca
        67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Wheels and tires are a never ending debate raging in my mind, with far too many suggestions from my buddies. White spokes make the most sense for a trail rig but I don't like how the ones I currently have look against the orange paint. Black steel wheels would also work but I'm not a big fan of black wheels most of the time.

There are a few different aluminum wheels that I like but I'm afraid if I spend too much on wheels its really going to suck when they get messed up. Then there's the beadlock debate. In short, I won't know until I decide... I have however decided that unless a screaming deal presents itself sooner, my Bronco is going to run and take its maiden voyage around the block with the current 28" meats on...

As far as tire size is concerned, they will be 35-36" tires, in either BFG M/T or Goodyear MTR, again, unless a screaming deal on something else pops up.

The first paint scratch is going to hurt a little but this IS a trail rig and I am mindful of the fact that it will get messed up.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

• 37" MTRs...Got mine at Wlamart of all places for ~ $290 a piece. Orange with black rock crawlers and beadlocks would look bitchin'

My $0.002
            '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

• Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
              37" MTRs...Got mine at Wlamart of all places for ~ $290 a piece. Orange with black rock crawlers and beadlocks would look bitchin'

My $0.002
              I second that!!
              Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
              I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TN1776 View Post

There are a few different aluminum wheels that I like but I'm afraid if I spend too much on wheels its really going to suck when they get messed up. Then there's the beadlock debate. In short, I won't know until I decide... I have however decided that unless a screaming deal presents itself sooner,.
                I am not too sure if was you that wanted a pic a while back, but I have 5 basically new americal racing Atlas II wheels. 4 have been powder coated silver, and one is still chrome. No issues with these wheels at all. The Atlas' wheels are super beefy and solid and are a nice 6 spoke design. on the rig for less than 6 months, owner wanted the mick thompsons. So I took these in on trade.

We can haggle on a price. $205 new plus the powder coating (which makes the wheels look much better. Chrome too blingy on these)
                Attached Files
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• Hey Delta... That was me that wanted the picture. That is a decent looking wheel and powdercoated would definitely look cool. I may consider those when the time comes, and if you still have them by then.

FFMDX... $290/tire? or was that $190? Tire rack has them for $226 each. Wheel works in Livermore told me to bring them the best price I can find and they will meet or beat, including internet prices. Just an FYI...

-Tony
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Hey Delta... That was me that wanted the picture. That is a decent looking wheel and powdercoated would definitely look cool. I may consider those when the time comes, and if you still have them by then.

FFMDX... $290/tire? or was that $190? Tire rack has them for $226 each. Wheel works in Livermore told me to bring them the best price I can find and they will meet or beat, including internet prices. Just an FYI...

-Tony

Sorry, they were ~$190 a tire. I went in and asked for the unit pricing. Over the phone, their knee-jerk answer is that they can't get them, but obviously they can thru spec order.
                    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Hey Delta... That was me that wanted the picture. That is a decent looking wheel and powdercoated would definitely look cool. I may consider those when the time comes, and if you still have them by then.

-Tony

what kind of time frame are you looking at??
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• these wheels look awesome powder coated. If I had a streeter I'd be keeping them. 15x10's. they obviously are new. Just let me know. No promises on having them, but more than likely I willhave them.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                          these wheels look awesome powder coated. If I had a streeter I'd be keeping them. 15x10's. they obviously are new. Just let me know. No promises on having them, but more than likely I willhave them.
                          Those do look pretty nice. As for a time frame, if you can find a buyer don't hold them for me, but I may talk to you sometime early next year if you still have them then. My Bronco is going to go on the trail and those may be a little too nice. We'll see...
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                            these wheels look awesome powder coated. If I had a streeter I'd be keeping them. 15x10's. they obviously are new. Just let me know. No promises on having them, but more than likely I willhave them.
                            Wow Carl, those sure look nice on your sink next to the Holiday decorations.....The Boss must not be home 'eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
                              Wow Carl, those sure look nice on your sink next to the Holiday decorations.....The Boss must not be home 'eh?

nope! she was miffd that it was onthe floor of the kitchen when she got home...she will never know...won't she.

Comment

• '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Working...
                                X