No announcement yet.

70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lookin good man.. looks like its almost done.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

• Do'n a great job Tony!! Electrical is not one of my favorites either.. hang in there buddy!!!
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

• Woohoooo getting closer!
        Vacaville, Ca
        67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Thanks guys...
          My soldering iron and weatherpack crimper have been getting a workout this weekend. I sure do like weatherpack connectors - such a clean way to go plus they appear to seal very well.

So here's the question of the day - should I go with an orange dash and column, black dash and column, or some variation like black column and orange dash? I'm leaning towards orange for both.

I've got all the motivation I need to get this thing done but man its going to be expensive. Wheels and tires alone are going to hurt! Looking at re-roofing the house this summer too... Not so sure how soon the rig will be ready for the trails.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

• green dash,purple column
            72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
            BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
            RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

• I'de go orange dash with black column.
              Vacaville, Ca
              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

• Originally posted by seahawkfan View Post
                I'de go orange dash with black column.
                X2
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

• Originally posted by seahawkfan View Post
                  I'de go orange dash with black column.
                  X3 , although if you decided on a different color for the cage. Something other than black that might change my opinion a bit ( My opinion ,)
                  1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Debating between Black and Orange for the cage. I have a ton of orange paint, more than what I'll likely use on the rest of the pieces, and I'll have some black paint soon too (the black being free leftovers from one of my dad's projects).

I am actually looking forward to painting again because its basically a "sunk cost" as I already have the materials and tools... Wheels/tires/brake booster/master cyl/steering linkages/misc hardware is going to add up quickly.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

• Orange cage would look sweet. If you decide you don't like it the black paint is free too so all you lose is time. Or you can cover it with black pads and covers.
                      Vacaville, Ca

Comment

• My .02, a bright dash as much it would tie in is bright when driving. Otherwise I am jealous of your build! Good job!
                        Rick-
                        68 Slightly modified
                        67 LUBR once again
                        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• The engine/electrical/dash project was getting old so I shifted back into metal fab mode. I picked up a pair of WCB's new Extreme Rocker panel guards from the sale he posted on CB. What I'm really trying to do is get a bunch of parts ready for paint now that Winter is over. Dusty ships his rocker guards very long so I borrowed a buddy's plasma cutter (now I want one of my own...) and cut them down to size. I also used the PC to cut out some caps to close up the ends of these rockers.
                          So far this project has cost me the price of the rocker guards, two days of fabbing (which includes too many trips down to the hardware store), my angle grinder took a crap on me, and misc. steel, nuts and bolts.

One of the goals here was to tie the front and rear fenders a little tighter to the tub as the original fender mount points went away with the warflares and bobbing. I now have the rockers temporarily mounted to the body where they'll eventually get mounted more permanently. In a nutshell that means more bolts. As these rocker guards only bolt to the outside of the body, I am going to run a strip of steel on the inside of the rockers too and bolt through on the bottom edge. There will be more bolts run along the top edges too.

These things are heavy duty. Even with just 4 bolts securing them, it feels like I could lift the vehicle by them. I think they look good, and I like the "boatside" effect and side protection they provide (they protrude approx 2" from the body at the door frame and taper down to the body seam underneath).

Anyway enough rambling... Here's a few pictures.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by CityHick; 04-13-2008, 02:38 PM.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

• I need a plasma cutter as well. Sure saves alot of time. Those rocker guards look sweet! What color?
                            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Plasma cutters are awesome but their cost outweighs their cool factor IMHO... Its good when you have a friend with one, unless you're going to use it often.

The rocker guards are going to be black. I was thinking about orange but I think black will be easier to touch up.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

• I like those sliders!
                                Were those just some 2x6 you cut up?
                                Mark Harris
                                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
                                X