70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: More bumper progress

Tony just make sure the shifter is in neutral before you pull it out.
    Yep... been down that road before
    Thanks Brian!
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

• Re: 70 Sport resto/mod

I have a 435 shifter for you......
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

So as to not hijack the thread about the Chevy Heater upgrade... I took my rig out for a spin this evening over to a buddy's house. Having left after dark it was a bit brisk with no doors or top installed. Then I remembered I had that shiny new Vintage Air heater tucked up under my dash. I must say it moves some air! And in the last few blocks when the engine actually came up to temp, my toes were nice and toasty. I am impressed.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

• New Shoes!

At long last, here are a few pictures of my rig sporting its new shoes. I got them on Wednesday and didn't get any pictures of it until last night. Sorry for the low-res cell phone pictures but they're the only ones I've got at the moment. I'll get some better pictures this weekend...

The wheels don't have quite enough backspacing to give the stance I'm looking for so I'm going to get a set of spacers from the guy on Pirate for now. I'm stoked that it finally looks like an actual 4-wheeling rig! Even more stoked that it still fits in the garage and I can drive it in and out without airing down! It clears by about an inch...

It drives really nice with the big rubber underneath too. It still feels very stable around corners and in the little amount of flexing I've done it feels good too. The flexing amounts to driving up a berm just up the street from me...

-Tony
          Attached Files
          Last edited by CityHick; 01-16-2009, 05:59 AM.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

very nice Tony!!!
            1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Looks great Tony! So are you happy with the 37's? That is going to look awesome with some wheel spacers on there.
              Last edited by crawlin68; 01-16-2009, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Sweeeeeeet!
                Vacaville, Ca
                67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony View Post
                  very nice Tony!!!
                  Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                  Looks great Tony! So are you happy with the 37's? That is going to look awesome with some wheel spacers on there.
                  Thanks guys!
                  And yes, 37s were the right choice. Thanks for steering me straight on that!
                  I am not wild about black wheels but these are growing on me and I can't see putting expensive aluminum wheels on just to thrash them. Black steel wheels are easier to replace when they get messed up...
                  35s might have looked a little small, 37s seem to be the right balance of asthetics and diff clearance. I agree, the spacers will help too.

I can't wait to do some more cruising around this weekend... but I need to stay on task and finish the million little unfinished projects on this rig too.
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

NICE!! The 37"s were the right choice for sure!! looks killer man.

How much of a spacer are you thinking of running?
                    1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

Nice Tony! Drive that thing by this wknd....homebrew...too. I think you're getting your spacers from the same guy on Pirate. It 'll definitely change your stance a bit.....
                      '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
                        Nice Tony! Drive that thing by this wknd....homebrew...too. I think you're getting your spacers from the same guy on Pirate. It 'll definitely change your stance a bit.....
                        You will have to let me know when he comes by!
                        WT 4x4
                        91' One Ton Bronco
                        1971 Bronco
                        9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by GloNDark2 View Post
                          NICE!! The 37"s were the right choice for sure!! looks killer man.

How much of a spacer are you thinking of running?
                          Probably 1.5 or 2" spacers. Seems like most folks running spacers opt for 2" and have no real complaints.

Originally posted by FFMDX View Post
                          What's your schedule look like Sean? I'll definitely cruise by. I think I'm pretty open this weekend. Homebrew sounds good too!
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
                            You will have to let me know when he comes by!
                            That would be cool... bring your rig too!
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Plan too. I need to go to dublin to show a condo we are trying to rent and I was planing on taking the Bronco. I should be back around 11:30 or so on Sat.
                              Last edited by dblue351; 01-16-2009, 08:37 AM.
                              WT 4x4
                              91' One Ton Bronco
                              1971 Bronco
                              9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Sweet. I will bring my camera for some "group shots"
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X