70 Sport resto/mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 70 Sport resto/mod

Jeff, if you're ready for them then don't consider me first in line. My preference is to go with an ARB in the rear anyway but I'm still debating. I like the Detroit because there's nothing to think about with it, but I like the ARB because its the best of both worlds for on and off road driving. Either option won't happen for a while.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Tony, What gear ratio did you end up with??? ( in the f/r )
      72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
      BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
      RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

4.11 gears front and rear. I would like to go a little lower when the time comes but so far on the road it seems to do ok. I know I'm not going to be crawling super slow but all in good time.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Today I installed a set of 1.5" wheel spacers and took the rig out for a little spin. I would never have guessed it but 3" of extra width made my Bronco drive like a whole different truck! The added stability is very noticeable and it still steers and tracks like it always did.

I don't have much other progress to report but I must say I'm pretty stoked with my new stance. I think it looks a little better too.

And to follow up on a discussion from a while back, it appears my tires have about 1/4" of toe in and I think that's just about perfect. The steering returns to center reasonably well too - or at least as good as can be expected for a rig with 5.5" of lift.

Anyway, here's a couple pix. Hoping to get some stuff done tomorrow too, we'll see.
          Attached Files
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Hey.....Cityhick is back!

The bronco looks great with the wheel spacers! Much better.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
              Hey.....Cityhick is back!
              The bronco looks great with the wheel spacers! Much better.

It was time the old name came back! I figured it wouldn't take long to get noticed...

And thanks for the compliments... I'm really stoked with the spacers. Got them off Ebay from a company in So. Cal. Nice quality and perfect fit. Sometimes the little $100 items make the biggest difference.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Looks good. Did you use spacers at all 4 corners or just the rear? Any problems with the length of the original studs?

Comment

Looks great Tony. Glad to see Cityhick back.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Looks great Tony, BUT, Get rid of the damn wiper motor cover and get the drop bracket on the motor!!!! It just looks DORKY!!!
                    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
                      Looks great Tony, BUT, Get rid of the damn wiper motor cover and get the drop bracket on the motor!!!! It just looks DORKY!!!
                      Thats funny.. Looks good Tony!!

A
                      KK6DAD
                      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Yeah yeah I know the wiper motor cover is dorky... just haven't thought to remove it yet.

And about the spacers, 1.5" on all 4 corners.

I am not sure why I ever changed from CityHick... its a good name and it was way overdue to return.
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                          I am not sure why I ever changed from CityHick... its a good name and it was way overdue to return.
                          Welcome back!
                          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

[QUOTE=CityHick;53318]Today I installed a set of 1.5" wheel spacers and took the rig out for a little spin. I would never have guessed it but 3" of extra width made my Bronco drive like a whole different truck! QUOTE]

Looks very nice coming together real good.
                            as for the spacers thats why I went with 12" wheels with my 37s.
                            Over all I was 78" wide. With my 60s I want to keep it under 80"

Brian
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I went with 8" wheels for better bead retention. With the spacers I think it looks just about right.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Here's a quick progress update. My rear bumper is just about done. I even mounted the spare for some test fitting today. I'll get some better pictures of it tomorrow.

I also picked up a bikini top from Tom's Bronco Parts to fit the full cage. It's nearly a perfect fit on the Crab Cage. I have only driven with it a very little bit but I'm really happy with this top so far - It came with a low profile riser and a wiper motor drop bracket, and misc. hardware.

Now if I could find the motivation to work on my doors (convert them to removable window frames and spray some bright orange on them) I'd just about call it done for a while. With the weather starting to warm up I'm not even thinking about my hard top...

Next up - onboard air, a rear locker and upgraded rear axle shafts.
                                Attached Files
                                1970 Bronco
                                My build thread

Comment

Working...
                                X