73 pre-project pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 73 pre-project pictures

snapped a couple of pre-ownership pics of the 73 I'm getting from Maui Matt.

I owe him a few more bucks and I'll pick it up a little later this week. It looks pretty solid.

Right now I have a 4 speed, 20, hp 44 and 9" to go in it.

If the 302 in it is junk then I'll be ripping it out and heating it up significantly. Sticking w/ the 2 barrel most likely.

I'll get 100+ wheelbase, fuel cell in the back, front end way forward... 40" iroks. 4 linked f/r etc. pretty much my standard build.
    84/55 renegade, ton's, body stretch.. 400hp atlas. burnouts and such.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho...a=4&ajaxpipe=1

SFS Industries (aka silly fab) for all your fabrication and parts needs

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

The new shop is at 2225 cemo circle 95670

Dude you're so lame. But seriously. My junk's still stuck up in Garden Valley. I think I'm just going to get somebody to tow it back for me since I haven't been able to get up there to do anything to it.

You linking it? Any chance you get a better deal if you buy the parts to do my front at the same time, I'm all about saving a buck
    71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
    nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

Originally posted by santa
      Dude you're so lame. But seriously. My junk's still stuck up in Garden Valley. I think I'm just going to get somebody to tow it back for me since I haven't been able to get up there to do anything to it.

You linking it? Any chance you get a better deal if you buy the parts to do my front at the same time, I'm all about saving a buck
      yea buddy I'm linking it. I always give everyone my cost or close to it. So if I get the hook up... you get the hook up. Especially since you're a brother

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

Comment

Specs as well? Especially for a po' bro way north? Sure would be giddy to claim I am the only EB up here with front and rear 4 link! And to be honest I only gonna push my rear back 3" and leave the front as is. Exactly like BrocBronc's!

Comment

Sweet! A new project! Sounds like it'll be fun. Do you think the D44 will hold up to 40 inch tires?

Comment

yea the dana 44 with 40's is fine for me. I'm good about inspection and maintenance. I've only broken 1 dana 44 axle on 40's. That was in my jeep w/ 120:1, 5.0 and tsls. W/ a 4 speed, stock case and 4.88's in the diffs, if you're axles are in good shape and you drive sanely you're less likely to break.

dana 44, 40's, detroit

dana 44, 40's, detroit

Both of them worked awesome for me. I figured I'd just stick w/ what's cheap and works for me.

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

Comment

Originally posted by Sillyneck
              I figured I'd just stick w/ what's cheap and works for me.
              Yeah cause 40's are so cheap
              71, 302, 435, 20, spool rear, ARB front, 35's,3.5sl 2"bl
              nodular 3rd 1350 yoke disks allaround and on the road again

Comment

225 a tire sound cheap to me

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

Comment

alrighty kids... i picked it up from matt finally.

The only thing not sweet about it is the slight amount of front floor pan rust through. I'm going to cut all of it out anyways and lower the floor.

it looks like it has either factory power steering or aftermarket setup w/ factory parts.

So I've got a line on a f-cked up hp 60 front end.... the chunk is actually bent... not just the tubes. I'll either shove a 9" center in it or a LP 60 center and put it on the driver's side.. probably a 14 bolt out back as I have them laying all over. Maybe a 35 spl 9"... who knows.

probably 42" iroks
                  4 speed
                  and atlas

I sold my parts truck w/ the 1/2 tons in it which is what may prompt the 1 ton action.

(916) 635 3485 SHOP

(916) 761 8680 CELL

Comment

STOP TEASING!!! you got what I want in mind!

Comment

Working...
                    X