X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I been up to

when not beakin off on my computer....
    Rear bumper.....
    Front bumper all done and gusseted up for side pulls.
    Custom dash half done to clear the thru dash A pillars of the cage, glove box moved in 3" and will get a custom glove box thats wide as possible as well maybe deeper too.

Thank god I am on vacation starting Monday after work for 2 weeks, I do plan on being at the shop enjoying LOTS of Canadian beer and modifying more stuff to get my shit done.

Attached Files

Phantom,

That's a sweet dash mod. Should make it a little eaiser to get the cage out of the way. Bumpers look good too.
    Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Yeah, dash and bumpers look great! Nice work. Man I wish I had two full weeks to wrench on mine right now.

Comment

Plan is to overlay a sheet of 14? gauge that I have kickin around with small tacks all around the edges then drill out the holes for my guages, deck and switches as tight as I can to the drivers side. Then get a bud over to help me finish up the wiring, and all I got left that I foresee is hook up the tranny and hope to god, only few gremlins to kill!

Comment

How are you going to deal with the windshield bolts?
          Brad
          Chico, Ca.

Comment

Am just gonna tie the top of the windshield frame to the cage as one of the bottom nuts inside the frame was drilled out by a P.O. Not gonna fill in those two holes in case I do find a better frame to use later.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB
              plan on being at the shop enjoying LOTS of Canadian beer
              Not really sure if it is good canadian beer, but my dad used to haul Molsen Golden from Calgary to LA back in the late 80's. I remember enjoying them with him. They were so clod they had ice crystals in the beer....nice.
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Nice work Phantom, I can't wait to see how that dash comes together. Should be sweet!
                Am just gonna tie the top of the windshield frame to the cage as one of the bottom nuts inside the frame was drilled out by a P.O
                Did that with mine and it works great and doesn't move at all.

FM <><
                72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Never had Golden but all the beers I remember my dad and Uncles drinking around the campfires or family get-togethers, both of which we did LOTS, only Black Label is still around.

Nahh I am a Molson Pilsner kinda guy as many of my buds are too.

Thanks Chuck, I now am thinking screw the bottom mounting holes and filling them in as well. Off to Walmart to get some Hammered Silver or Black paint for this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                    Not really sure if it is good canadian beer, but my dad used to haul Molsen Golden from Calgary to LA back in the late 80's. I remember enjoying them with him. They were so clod they had ice crystals in the beer....nice.
                    Moosehead is the best thing to come out of Canada since bacon
                    Brad
                    Chico, Ca.

Comment

MMM bacon and eggs.... hey... its not breakfast time!

Just came in from the shop, and I remember why I hate body work! At least 3 beers later, I am gettin pleased with how the bondo is smoothing out the dash. Probably gonna fill in the bottom windshield holes now.

Comment

Current status..... still need to drill out the holes for head light switch and windsheild wiper switch.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Then build a box to house this from 12Voltguy off Pirate, holds the inner cab controls for the Warn up front as well flood lights front and rear, hazard lights and last unlabeled switch probably will be a theft deterrent switch for my ignition. Far two big holes on the left are in and out buttons for the winch and all switches are lit up when "activated" with blue LED's on the top.

Plans to put the box somewhere under the dash in proximity to the ignition switch to keep it all close to the driver and thus leaving room along the bottom of the dash for the stereo deck to go.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Almost done, just need to drill out the holes for the wiper switch, and headlight switch and shes ready to be wired up. Other mods to come to it will be a MP3 capable deck and a docking plate for my satellite radio so that when the time comes all I got to do is carry the satellite radio from each of the following, Bronco, tow rig and daily driver and put it into whatever I am using at the time.

As for the custom glove box.... ever seen a glove box that will hold....11 cans fo beer, a big mag light, insurance/registration, a rag or two, pair of gloves, clevis or winch control and a pen.....still dont know how the the pen is gonna fit though! Deepest, widest, and tallest I could get her to fit!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks good! You might have to leave the pen at home though.

Comment

Working...
                              X