Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow,

Looks like Christmas in February, every thing you need to Act a Fool...
    Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
    I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 720Racer
      every thing you need to Act a Fool...
      That's me!!!

Comment

• So that's where all my parts went. I only got one long side inner today.
        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

• Why the new knuckles? Are those better than the stock knuckles, or was something wrong with the those rusty old knuckles?

Comment

• Originally posted by 720Racer
            Why the new knuckles? Are those better than the stock knuckles, or was something wrong with the those rusty old knuckles?

The stock Ford steering knuckles are notorious for cracking (see picture) especially when you run high steer arms and 40 inch and larger tires. My stock knuckles are just fine (no cracks) This is a picture that I found on Pirate of the weak spot.

I just want to build this axle one time and never have to touch it again. So...Mr. Overkill strikes again and I just figured I would install the Dedenbear knuckles now and sleep peacefully at night.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 69crawler
              So that's where all my parts went. I only got one long side inner today.

Ha! Yeah the UPS guy must have made a wrong turn and ended up at my house.

Comment

• OK, now I have to go check for cracks. Anything else?

Comment

• Just check for those cracks, but if you aren't going to run high steer arms and big ass tires, you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Did you find the BOM?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Overkill
                    .....but if you aren't going to run high steer arms and big ass tires.....
                    37's the new 33's or what? I don't see any cracks..........yet.
                    Last edited by 720Racer; 04-11-2007, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• BLING BLING! CTM's and Orange parts!

Thinking of selling your stock kunckles? I always need spares
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• Originally posted by welndmn
                        BLING BLING! CTM's and Orange parts!

Thinking of selling your stock kunckles? I always need spares

Yeah, I will be selling the stock knuckles, axle shafts w/u-joints, carrier w/ring and pinion and the Ford locking hubs if any of you guys want trail spares.

Comment

• Geez...after this it will be time to stop spending $$$ don't u think?

I haven't heard of the knuckles cracking. Do you think I will have an issue with the ones I just bought??
                          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                            .....after this it will be time to stop spending $$$.....
                            You mean at some point Broncos become less expensive? I'm confused.

Comment

• Geez...after this it will be time to stop spending $$ don't u think?
                              Not likely, he still has the itch for lower gears, and a 4-link rear.
                              69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                                I haven't heard of the knuckles cracking. Do you think I will have an issue with the ones I just bought??
                                The cracking issues are with the D60 knuckles not the D44 knuckles. It might just be a product of people running larger tires on rigs that have D60 front axles, therefore, causing the cracking. Most people running D44 aren't running super large tires. (40's and up) So they are not experiencing the cracking problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X