No announcement yet.

Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey did you get the cage arm adapters yet, if you want some stock wedges already cut off I have some you can have!
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by welndmn
      Get some of those MAD4wd tube seals. I installed mine and love that fact that it going to keep the junk out.
      If you don't install them now, you never will.

They have been on order for two weeks! They are a little backed up right now, but I'm expecting them any day now.

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
        Hey did you get the cage arm adapters yet, if you want some stock wedges already cut off I have some you can have!

Yeah, I already have the Cage weld on brackets sitting in the garage. Thanks though! Now I just need to find the time to pull out my D44 so I can start mocking up the 60.

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68
          .....Now I just need to find the time to pull out my D44 so I can start mocking up the 60.....
          Crawlin,

That 60 is looking great. After this you'll be an old pro, and can help me rotate mine.

Are you going to put the 60 back together (wheels, tires, etc.) and then do your mock up, or try to estimate the axle height using jack stands, while the housing is empty?
          Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
          I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• The C-portion of your Cage arms would make a great start to someone wanting to build some custom arms.
            69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by 720Racer
              Crawlin,

That 60 is looking great. After this you'll be an old pro, and can help me rotate mine.

Are you going to put the 60 back together (wheels, tires, etc.) and then do your mock up, or try to estimate the axle height using jack stands, while the housing is empty?
              Just the word when you are ready to do yours!

I think I am going to measure the frame and axle height of the Brocno as it sits now. Then pull the 44 and set the frame up on jack stands at the ride height and then mock up the empty housing with the radius arm brackets and trac bar bracket. Then tack everything into place and pull it back out to fully weld everything up!

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                The C-portion of your Cage arms would make a great start to someone wanting to build some custom arms.

They are already spoken for. I had a buddy that was ordering a set of new Cage arms for his Bronco and he was kind enough to order them with the weld on brackets. Now we are just going to swap my bolt on brackets for his weld on brackets.

Comment

• Need your opinion

Me and 720Racer have been collaborating on designing and bending some tube doors. I wanted a design that I hadn't seen before. Something different. I tried to complement the fender lines, body lines, windshield and cage lines. I wanted something that looks like it belongs there, not just some abstract design. This is what we came up with. What do you think? I don't have it welded up yet, so it would be easy to make any changes now.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• NICE work, Patrick, I like so much I wish I still had my buddys bender in my shop, oh well one day I plan to get my own bender.

Comment

• Nice, does this mean no cutting up a set of your other doors or will this be one of 3 sets?
                      I think as long as the top tube is a nice arm rest height they are good!

Comment

• I think they look great. The only thing I would possibly change is to have the tubing out at the body line to give you more room inside. I may not have made sense with that.
                        Marc D.
                        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

• Patrick. Those looks sick! Are they 1 3/4"? And what radius was the die? It looks like 5 1/2"?

Comment

• All this custom work inspired me to do some of my own, so I unscrewed my blinker lever and cut a inch off and rethreaded it so I wouldn't crawl with my turn signals on all the time It stuck out farther then my steering wheel, it was a major project it took about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Looks like another winning design for your up and comming product line (Crawlin Offroad Designs ???????)
                              Tony
                              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

• Originally posted by earlybronco72
                                I think they look great. The only thing I would possibly change is to have the tubing out at the body line to give you more room inside. I may not have made sense with that.

Thanks everyone!

Makes perfect sense Marc and yeah, they will be mounted out more than they are in the pics. It's just propped up there posing for the pic.

Comment

Working...
                                X