Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TREEKILLER
    Patrick. Those looks sick! Are they 1 3/4"? And what radius was the die? It looks like 5 1/2"?

Thanks dude! Yeah they are 1 3/4 x .120 wall tubing. I don't remember what the radius was, but I can find out.

Comment

• Those doors came out real nice. Can you get a closer shot of the latch? I was wondering about the arm rest height also. Looks good though.
      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

• Patrick,

Those look great! How did the overall lenght turn out? Looks like a good fit. I was looking at FM's latch brackets on Thursday, and they wrap around (horizonal instead of vertical). I think the spacing on the diagonals turned out great.

Galen
        Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
        I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• I think you achieved your mission, looks great Patrick!

Rick-
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

• Cool, I'm glad you guys like them.

69crawler-I don't have the latches attached to the doors yet. They are just sitting there for mock up. Once I figure out how to mount them, I'll snap some pics.

Comment

• I really like 'em. Great design...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• Originally posted by 69crawler
                Those doors came out real nice. Can you get a closer shot of the latch? I was wondering about the arm rest height also. Looks good though.

I got one of the latches all done yesterday. I notched into the tube so I could inset the latch into the tube a little. Just trying to minimize the size of the latch enclosure. I also cut all of the unnecessary stuff off the latch to make it as simple and small as possible. I didn't think that it was necessary to lock my tube doors! LOL!

Here is what I came up with.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice, after the first pics I was wondering how the latches were going to turn out. Have you thought about cutting some sheet metal/aluminum skins for them and attaching them w/ quarter turn fastners to make them quick on and off.
                  Attached Files
                  69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Patrick, want to make another $et?

Comment

• Originally posted by House
                      Patrick, want to make another $et?
                      Those are SWEET!
                      I may be interested in another set too. Or get myself a tubing bender...

Tony
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

• Hey those are very nice. Glad to see you keeping up now you need to practice wrapping them in seran wrap to make the interior waterproof.

FM <><
                        72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                        1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                          Very nice, after the first pics I was wondering how the latches were going to turn out. Have you thought about cutting some sheet metal/aluminum skins for them and attaching them w/ quarter turn fastners to make them quick on and off.
                          I will be installing an aluminum skin on mine. were to find these connectors?

Patrick nice job on the doors.. I am now figuring out how to mount my latches..

Aaron
                          KK6DAD
                          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

• Most speed shops sell them. Summit and Jegs have them.
                            Try to get the ones that hold the buttons in so you don't have to worry about loosing them.
                            Last edited by highlander; 03-26-2007, 05:41 PM.
                            69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                              Very nice, after the first pics I was wondering how the latches were going to turn out. Have you thought about cutting some sheet metal/aluminum skins for them and attaching them w/ quarter turn fastners to make them quick on and off.

Funny that you mention that. My plan is to buy some stock door skins and mount them to the tube doors in the winter. That way from the outside, it will look just like a stock door!

Comment

• Originally posted by House
                                Patrick, want to make another $et?

I would, but I don't have a bender. Besides that, you might be 100 years old by the time I got them done.

Comment

Working...
                                X