No announcement yet.

Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I'm still using the stock inner retainer to sandwich the coil in place. It holds it very nicely.

Comment

• Patrick,

Looks like you're making some great progress (May will be here before you know it). Is that a RuffStuff diff cover? I just got two in the mail today. What are you doing to do with your steering ram? From the track bar riser to the tie rod again, or from the frame to the drag link? It looks like the cage brackets allow you to get the radius arms alot closer to the pumpkin than wedges. Not that it's that big a deal now that you fabbed up your own lower coil mount, your coils will be nice and straight. I'm also curious what your going to use for keepers on the bottom of the coil.

Keep up the good work!!!

Galen
      Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
      I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

• Yeah that is the Ruff Stuff cover. I got the regular one and then counter sunk the heads myself so I could a flat allen head bolt so they sit flush.

Comment

• This project is moving to slow :P

I use the stock retainer, just welded the outter tab to the inner tab, but my setup is different .
          Mark Harris
          71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• Originally posted by welndmn
            This project is moving to slow :P
            Tell me about it! I guess that's what happens when you have 3 month old baby in the house.

Comment

• coil cups

have you guys seen this post?

http://forum.broncoii4x4.com/download.php?id=1029
              Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

• No, I haven't seen that pic before. Looks interesting though.

Comment

• So are you going to have time for a shake down run the weekend before you leave?
                  69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                    So are you going to have time for a shake down run the weekend before you leave?

That is exactly what I'm going to try and do.

Comment

• Quote:
                      Originally Posted by highlander
                      So are you going to have time for a shake down run the weekend before you leave?

That is exactly what I'm going to try and do.
                      Bald Mountain??
                      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

• Originally posted by crawlin68
                        Tell me about it! I guess that's what happens when you have 3 month old baby in the house.
                        I had no idea you had a little squirt crawling about the place.
                        Then I was wrong, you are hauling butt on this, finding the time must few and far between.
                        Mark Harris
                        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

• Yeah its our first child so there is still a lot of schedule adjustments going on in the house, so garage time is in short supply here latey.

Comment

• Originally posted by highlander
                            Bald Mountain??

That's what I was thinking. Wanna go?

Comment

• Quote:
                              Originally Posted by highlander
                              Bald Mountain??

That's what I was thinking. Wanna go?

Sure, just let me know what day. I just need to swap the broken axle and I will be ready. I'm still waiting for Johny joints so I haven't torn it down for the 4-link and doubler.
                              Last edited by highlander; 04-18-2007, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• I got a little more garage time in today and as I was out wrenching my neighbor came over says "hey, guess what I just bought?" I said I don't know, what did you just buy? He rolls over a brand spank'n new Miller 200 Tig welder!! It sure is nice having the right neighbors. So I told him that I had just thing to break it in on. I'm building my own tie rod, drag link and trac bar from 1.5 x .250 wall DOM with weld in bungs. Now I have never Tig welded before, so this was a first for me. And I gotta tell ya, Tig welding friggin ROCKS!!!!! Here is a pic of one of my first welds. Tig welding leaves no splatter, no slag , no nothin!

I think I just added a Tig welder to my Christmas list.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X