No announcement yet.

Project Crawlin68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I needed the 1410 in the front because my operating angle is about 25-26 degrees. I also needed to use a Toyota yolk on the front diff because the standard spicer yolk does not like to run at a constant angle more than 20 degrees. I don't have the front shaft installed yet due to my POS Chebby 10 spline front output on my 205. I'm going to pick up a new Ford 205 this weekend from a local guy for $100.

I went with the 1350 in the rear. My operating angle in the rear is about 23 degrees. The rear is installed and it looks awesome!!

Comment

• I ask this because I will be exxentially the same as you when all is said and done. I might 3/5 elip. the rear so I can get more than 4 inches....but we'll see. I change my mind A LOT!!!
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• What is 3/5 elip? Is that some sort of elliptical suspension? I hear you on changing your mind. I think I have changed my mind so many times in the past year, I built 10 differnet rigs in head. Now that I bought this D60, I'm having crazy thoughts again. I hear voices in head. Is that a bad thing?

Comment

• 3/4...it was a typo...

I am way to cautious when doing things now. I have spent money 2-3 times over on the same crap. I just don't want to do it again. I wonder how many times I have gone from auto back to manual tranny in my head...

no reason for this pic, I just wanted to use it for the first time...
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

• I am having to run the same drive line set up in the front but with one added joint and bearing suport. That toy joint sure has alot of flex to her. I need to get back on my rig and try and get it done for winter use. And no hearing voices in your head is just fine. I here them all the time, I just wish they would not keep telling me to go in so many directions! I really need to focus on one project at a time.

Kevin
            71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

• Well I tore the POS Chebby 10 spline front output shaft out of my 205 today and replaced it with a Ford 32 spline. I was going along just fine pulling the old shaft out until all of sudden I had 64 needle bearings bouncing all over the garage floor. After picking them all up and counting them to make sure that I didn't loose any, I installed the new shaft without any problems. Then I finally got to install my new 1410 drive shaft!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by crawlin68; 10-23-2005, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Do i see right, a Chevy 205 flipped?

Comment

• Originally posted by PhantomEB
                  Do i see right, a Chevy 205 flipped?

YIKES!!! No way man! It is a Ford NP205. The guy that I bought it from must have taken the Ford 32 spline front output shaft out (probably to put it in his Chebby 205) and installed his 10 spline shaft into this case. I guess he just forgot to mention it to me when he sold it to me.

Comment

• Looking good!!

Kevin
                    71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

• Man that thing is sweet and the 1410 drive lines looks huge. Nice work!
                      Last edited by Familyman; 10-23-2005, 09:00 PM.
                      72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
                      1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

• sweet

Comment

• just looked like it was a chevy unit flipped for clearance, musta been drunk again. *

Comment

• Patrick, could you please measure your drivetrain from the front of the bell housing to the end of the 205 yoke? Pretty Please???

Comment

• Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
                              Patrick, could you please measure your drivetrain from the front of the bell housing to the end of the 205 yoke? Pretty Please???

LOL! No problamo! I'll do it first thing when I get home tonight. Just off the top of my head, I think it is about 34 1/2 inches. Althought the High Angle Driveline flange added and inch or so to it. But I'll measure it to be sure.

Comment

• Please include your bell housing in the measurement...

Comment

Working...
                                X