lifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifts

hey i just got my first bronc and i stoked! the bronco i got has a 3.5 inch lift but im going to go up to a 5.5 from wild horse. im going to go with the system 5 and buy steel braided brake lines seperatly. my question is should i go with the rancho 9000s or the wild horse shocks for acouple hundred cheaper. any suggestions?

Hey Norcal 707! welcome to the club!!
    Wild horses is a great way to go. Alot of components there for sure...some of which you wont need cause it is already installed on the rig...I would go with the 9000's... Or go all out and get Bilsteins...Good luck man it is a fun hobby I had a great time working on her....let me know about the other thing you emailed me about....
    70 Bronco, Burgundy and Black, 5.0 injected 3.5 superlift, always a work in progress....

Comment

If it already has some of the proper components from Scuba then piece it together and use the money saved from not buying duplicates to get Bilsteins.
      Much better shock IMHO.
      Welcome to the group. Feel free to ask any questions and check out some of the other posts if you get a chance.
      Jeff
      Vacaville, Ca
      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Welcome to the board.

I would look at system 16 and RS9000's or Bilsteins as mentioned. The front hoops are great but I don't see any reason to spend extra money to be able to mount extra shocks in the front, the F250 mounts provide the same travel at a fraction of the cost. Plus w/ system 16 you get long travel mounts for the rear too, if you don't want inboard shocks in the rear ask them to upgrade to the shock jocks or extreme rear hoops. One good shock per corner is all you need. This will give a little more money to spend on the stuff that makes a diffrence like long arms or a way to make the drivelines work right w/ the 5.5" lift.
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

whats happenin man? i geuss im going to go with system 16 with the 9000s and save some money for the drive line. man that got replied to quick! thanks for the info. about the other thing im getting new plugs and wires and cap. that otta fix that.

Comment

Here is a pic of mine, and I have the F-250 mounts up front that he is talking about. I have 15" travel shocks on the front and don't come near using them even with a wristed arm.
            Attached Files
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by nOrCaL707
              whats happenin man? i geuss im going to go with system 16 with the 9000s and save some money for the drive line. man that got replied to quick! thanks for the info. about the other thing im getting new plugs and wires and cap. that otta fix that.

Man, it's been an hour and a half. It must be slow today since it is Friday.
              Marc D.

Comment

Are you going through gatorade withdrawls? I have to get busy on that.
                1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony
                  Are you going through gatorade withdrawls? I have to get busy on that.
                  I haven't had any today. Maybe that is why I'm so shaky. I better get to the store and buy a bottle. I guess it could also be that I quit smoking. Two and a half weeks. Man I hate being a quitter.
                  Marc D.

Comment

Man!! You quit electrolites and nicotine at the same time? Are you nuts? Quick ,before it's to late, BEER! Lots of it.
                    Tony
                    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket
                      Man!! You quit electrolites and nicotine at the same time? Are you nuts? Quick ,before it's to late, BEER! Lots of it.
                      Tony

The worst part is I only drink about twice a year. Can't even subsidise with beer. I guess I better start on that chocolate cake that is in the kitchen. It's all I have left.
                      Marc D.

Comment

Chocolate.... You're messin with disaster.
                        Careful, maybe you should start smoking again, atleast get some Gatoraide.
                        Tony
                        1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

shocks

my son put the cheap WH shocks on when he went to 5.5'' lift to save some $ , mush is all they are compared to the 9000's that were on it (that are now on my EB). he wishes he would have just spent the extra $. welcome by the way!!!!

POPS
                          72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                          BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                          RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                          X