Bronco update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco update

Ive been working on it for a while now ever since the last time i was wheelin and the coil spring screwed me over and my fan ate the radiator....... so i bught a Taurus electric fan and an aluminum radiator......... next is aluminum intake and new heads, headers, fender flares, spray on bedliner the whole interior and underhood, new bumpers, and a traction bar of some sorts.....

--'73 Bronco----302, 3 spd, D44, 9", Tru-tracs, Twin sticks, 5.5" National Soft ride coils, F-100 pwr steering, 35x12.50's, tilt column, hurst shifter

So, how's she cool?
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

ill find out tomorrow, i only had 2 jugs of water and 1 antifreeze so i will finish filling it up tomorrow and drive it for a while
      --'73 Bronco----302, 3 spd, D44, 9", Tru-tracs, Twin sticks, 5.5" National Soft ride coils, F-100 pwr steering, 35x12.50's, tilt column, hurst shifter

Comment

oooo aluminum!!! looks nice

and im glad im not the only one using my phone as a camera
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

drove it today, the taurus fan is awesome, it cooled really well..... got my twin sticks from UPS today, they are going in tomorrow

Comment

Looks awesome. I like that you cut the core support out completely...I wished I would have done this on the rig in my garage...I needed more room then the 1.5 inches I cut out. Nice work.
            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
              Looks awesome. I like that you cut the core support out completely...I wished I would have done this on the rig in my garage...I needed more room then the 1.5 inches I cut out. Nice work.
              I like that idea too and my grill is coming off soon... Definitely a possibility.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Well i worked on it a bunch last week. Stripped the front end and repainted everything gloss black, 1.5" wheel spacers, did a spray on bedliner which turned out great, and got my fender flares on today Finishing up the body work tomorrow.... here some pics...

]

Comment

Wow, that is some awesome bedliner. It even made the speaker look bigger.

Just kidding. That looks great.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

That came out great! WHat bedliner did you use? The wider stance looks good too.

Comment

X2 - what kind of bedliner did you use? A DIY kit of some type I presume? The local paint shop sells two types that are both spray-on, one requires a special gun that they will rent out, the other just uses a standard Schutz type gun... I'm curious if its one of those.
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

x3 that bed liner look killer!!!
                        {o===o}
                        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                        Originally posted by CityHick
                        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

X4!!! I'm wrapping up my floor replacement and this is next. That looks great!
                          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

X2 - what kind of bedliner did you use? A DIY kit of some type I presume? The local paint shop sells two types that are both spray-on, one requires a special gun that they will rent out, the other just uses a standard Schutz type gun... I'm curious if its one of those.
                            I talked to a few people who have used the Schutz gun and they both prefer using a hopper (what you would use for texturing sheetrock) they are abut $69 at Home Depot. they both used rattleguard and it looks like a quality product, the one has been in a pickup used for work almost a year now.
                            http://www.rattleguard.com/INDEX1.htm
                            69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Very interesting... I've got lots of experience texturing sheetrock - my house (only a couple years newer than my Bronco) was my project before I had my Bronco. If rattleguard truly applies from the same hopper as sheetrock texture, then I already have the necessary equipment. I may have to look into this. I do like the line-x/rhino idea for the warranty and level of experience you're paying for by having them apply the product. We'll see.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X