Project "90%"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project "90%"

I picked up this 69 recently for a smoking deal. Tons of new parts, straight body, new fenders, floor pans and so on. Going to do a "Resto-mod" on this sucker.

Specs will end up being:
    C4 - Dana 20 (Looking for one now if you have one for sale)
    44 front, 9 inch rear both with ARB's
    37" creepy crawlers on allied beadlocks
    Full family cage with PRP seats front and rear

and.........a first for me with my trail rigs

A blingin paint job!

Body work and frame clean up begins this weekend, Stay tuned.
    Attached Files
    1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Welcome to the site!! Looks like a great project that you have a good base to start with. Where are you located?

Comment

I'm in Reno, NV. Picked up the bronco from a guy in Seattle. I've been wanting a bronco for about 12 years, finally had the space in the garage and found a smoking deal on one so here she is.
      1973 Bronco Ranger - 302, C4, Dana 20, Dana 44 front, 9 inch rear, 3.55 gears, 35" MTR's on Allied Beadlocks, 3.5" Wild Horses lift

Comment

I have fresh reuilt C4. wrong adapter and output shaft though. Price is right.

I may even be able to deliver.
        Jeff
        Vacaville, Ca
        67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Another addict. Welcome aboard.
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Great looking project!
            At least you're not kidding yourself like I did... tear it down and do it right! I can't wait to see the progress on you rig, it looks like a solid foundation to start with.

Welcome to NCB, and keep the pictures of your progress coming...
            Tony
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

Cool., Are ya related to GloNDark in Gardnerville? I'm in Carson so let me know when your ready to go wheelin. RD

Comment

Originally posted by RADDONKEY
                Cool., Are ya related to GloNDark in Gardnerville? I'm in Carson so let me know when your ready to go wheelin. RD

The infamous glondark?? Yeah that's me. Sold the 4runner I picked up and am building this one. I just wasn't feeling (nor showing) the 4runner any love. 91 horse power ain't my bag baby.

Comment

What color are ya going to paint it, infamous orange? RD

Comment

I guess I need to be better about taking....and actually posting pictures. hahaha

Got the new floor pans almost complete. The innner fenders are done in the front and the body is ready to come off the frame. Once I get the frame blasted and all the bushings replaced, it will be time for the rebuilt 302, c4, dana 20 setup. Thanks to Don, i've got an awesome c4 for this ride.

Things I still need to find

Windshield frame, bumpers, and a bunch MISC crap.
                    Attached Files

Comment

the floor boards look sweet...this is going to be a nice one to watch come together.
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Looks like a great foundation for a build!
                        Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Comment

Front suspension is almost done. Just waiting for some paint to dry in the coil buckets and then I can assemble it. Front half of the frame is clean and painted as well. Hopefully my wife will find a new job soon and I can find the funds to finish up the body/interior work.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks great! Nice work. Get that wife back your work so you can buy more Bronco parts! LOL!

Comment

busy weekend.

-Rear suspension done. All new bushings, center pin and shackle flip
                              -Motor: Cleaned, painted and IN!
                              -I have the trans and t-case ready to go in waiting on bolts for the bellhousing and the paint on the cross member to dry

I should have the gas tank back in, all the lines re-run and the exhaust completed by next weekend.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X