Project Treethumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Treethumper

This is my new project we just picked up sat. Price was right. 1968 u15.Planning on doing 4-link front and rear. King coilover shocks. Most likley 37" tires but that may change. I can't decide to go 39.5", 38.5", 37", or 35" tires. Also putting in fuelie 5.0.

It's a project. 4-link front and rear 37's fuelie 5.0

Looks like a great starter! You guys did good on this one!! Congratulations. Now it's time to break the bank and start buying parts.

Comment

Another neglected EB has found a good home where it can be rehabilitated! Congrats, this looks like a fun project... You've got some ambitious plans and I look forward to seeing it come together.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

37's, 4 link and a injected 5.0. Should be a good build. Full width or EB width axles?
        Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 at Buck Island 6/25/11
        I can do that so much better myself..........1, 2, 3 GOODNIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 720Racer View Post
          37's, 4 link and a injected 5.0. Should be a good build. Full width or EB width axles?
          Goin with full width. Most likley 60 in the rear and 44 in the front. Want 3/4 ton for a lower center of gravity and also a little stronger.

Comment

looks like a great starter.. ..
            {o===o}
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
            Originally posted by CityHick
            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

[QUOTE=TREETHUMPER;30624]This is my new project we just picked up sat. Price was right. 1968 u15.Planning on doing 4-link front and rear. King coilover shocks. Most likley 37" tires but that may change. I can't decide to go 39.5", 38.5", 37", or 35" tires. Also putting in fuelie 5.0.

You have your work cut out for you. Have fun. I had less to start with when I started.
              I went with 35's and regret it. Sure wish I had gone with 37's. Once I get the money needed I may be selling the 35's and going bigger.

Jeff
              Vacaville, Ca
              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Treethumper is my son-in-law, for those of you that didnt know that. this is going to be an interesting build to say the least!!!!Trailbound (my son) found this beauty on CB in madera and we brought it home for a grand. its straight, rusty rockers will be cut off for sliders, floor pans will get glassed. its really in not too bad of shape. all it takes is $$$$$$ as we all know!!! POPS
                72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

My main questions for starting with the four link would be how to find the center of gravity height and how tall the bronco should be running 37" tires (frame height). I am going to start measuring for everything starting next week after we get the body off and motor and tranny out of the bronco.

Comment

Let me know if you need axles. I might know where a built rear D60 is.

Comment

Originally posted by TREETHUMPER View Post
                      My main questions for starting with the four link would be how to find the center of gravity height and how tall the bronco should be running 37" tires (frame height). I am going to start measuring for everything starting next week after we get the body off and motor and tranny out of the bronco.
                      The frame height will depend on how much lift and fender trimming you want.
                      I have ~5.5" SL and 2" BL w/ 37" tires. The bottom of my frame is 24.5" in the center, 29.5" over the rear axle and 31" over the front axle. If I did it again I would cut more and run less lift. Extend the rear wheel tubs and extend or remove the fronts. I would also stretch the rear out as much as possible.
                      The center of gravity height is tough to calculate, but most people use the height of the crank center-line as a guess. I used 36" the height of the crank at the bellhousing.
                      Last edited by highlander; 11-07-2007, 03:45 PM.
                      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Here is a pic of mine with 5.5's and a 3 inch body lift and the one with the red fenders is stock coils with 1 inch of body lift. My tires measure right at 37inches. With generous fender trimming, you can fit a lot under there.
                        Attached Files
                        Marc D.
                        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Thanks for all of your input. Here are some more pics from the beginning. We just pulled the body and motor and tranny out today. Down to a rollin chassis to begin getting ready to cut clean and get the chassis ready for four-link measurments. Will be moving the chassis to my garage in Sonora.

Comment

These body bolts were a SOB. The front ones did not want to come off. Heads just stripped trried to cut in the rubber would not go so finally broke through the rusty floor and sawzalled from the top.

Comment

Finally got the body off and motor, tranny, and transfer out. What a day. What do you think of our Shop Supervisor!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X