parts is parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts is parts

The sickness is spreading!! I found a guy with most of 69 bronco and basicly the tub of a 68. A buddy of mine wants the tub for her 73 thats mostly a rust bucket, but I might try to fix the other, its uncut, but VERY rough. The kicker is that theres no paperwork on them. Has anyone ever delt with getting a "lost" title from DMV?
    The guy has a couple spare axles, they LOOK like dana60 front and some kinda big matching rear. Any idea what I need to know about these? Do they need to be out of somethig specific?
    73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

It is best, while you are building it, to look for a title and glove box on classic broncos or Ebay...about 200 bucks +-
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I had a 65 rustang I bought with no title. I had the guy fill out some for that DMV had and sign it. I went to DMV to have them check the vin. If the vin was not put into there computer system 10 years ago they dont have record of the car. After I found out there was no record for the car I filled out paper work stating that the stang was bought from a guy with no title and that it was sitting in his backyard for the last ? years. Than I payed 50 bucks. To make the title official I had to bring the car down and demonstrate that the brakes worked and that it was in working condition, but I sold the car before I got to that point.
      302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

cal dmv is7 years before they fall off there records. all you need is a bill of sale with his name and address and a letter saying he has had the vehicle for how ever long and that he has lost the reg. they will want to verify the vin on the glove box. i had a local cop stop by and do mine. any officer can do it not just chp. or you can take it to a sub station or directly to dmv and they will do it. its not really that hard, and should only be around 50-60 bucks to do.
        Jason Vander Veen
        Placerville, CA.
        http://www.rockzombies4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
          It is best, while you are building it, to look for a title and glove box on classic broncos or Ebay...about 200 bucks +-
          Then you can drive your newly registered Bronco to go Elephant hunting or maybe club some harp seals or sea otters or to the store to buy peanut oil to fry up a Bald Eagle.

How would you feel if I took my glove box door; put it on your Bronco and drove away? I know that's a simplistic example; but, I think it makes my point.

If you take away the market for glove box doors then people won't sell them.

Brad's rant of the month............you may return to your regulary scheduled program.
          Brad
          Chico, Ca.

Comment

I agree, I'd be less than happy if some rat bastard swapped my door to suddenly "own" my bronco! I know the vin's on the frame in a couple places and my door post sticker is still intact, so I'm ok there. I'm pretty sure both "new" rigs have'nt been registered in the last 10 years, they look like they havent moved in the last 10 years!
            73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

Originally posted by Formerjughead View Post
              Then you can drive your newly registered Bronco to go Elephant hunting or maybe club some harp seals or sea otters or to the store to buy peanut oil to fry up a Bald Eagle.

How would you feel if I took my glove box door; put it on your Bronco and drove away? I know that's a simplistic example; but, I think it makes my point.

If you take away the market for glove box doors then people won't sell them.

Brad's rant of the month............you may return to your regulary scheduled program.

Now that is just complete BS...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                Now that is just complete BS...
                okay..............read this:

http://www.classictiger.com/vinopin.html

From the California Vehicle Code:

10752. (a) No person shall, with intent to prejudice, damage,
                injure, or defraud, acquire, possess, sell, or offer for sale any
                genuine or counterfeit manufacturer's serial or identification number
                from or for, or purporting to be from or for, a vehicle or component
                part thereof.
                (b) No person shall, with intent to prejudice, damage, injure, or
                defraud, acquire, possess, sell, or offer for sale any genuine or
                counterfeit serial or identification number issued by the department,
                the Department of the California Highway Patrol, or the vehicle
                registration and titling agency of any foreign jurisdiction which is
                from or for, or purports to be from or for, a vehicle or component
                part thereof.
                (c) Every person convicted of a violation of subdivision (a) or
                (b) shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison, or in the
                county jail for not less than 90 days nor more than one year, and by
                a fine of not less than two hundred fifty dollars ($250) nor more
                than five thousand dollars ($5,000).

I prefer to stand in line at the DMV rather than standing in line to take a shower. Thats just me though.

Brad
                Last edited by Formerjughead; 11-18-2007, 10:25 AM.
                Brad
                Chico, Ca.

Comment

Well, pulling your smog crap off will get you time in the clink as well...

Comment

My favorite is smoked baby seal.. that you club yourself! the meat is so tender.

I did the same thing with mine... all you need is a bill of sale and they do a visual inspection. all they did with mine was make sure he lights work and the turn signal. now they looked for the vin and couldnt find it until i told them it was on the glove box. other then that its easy to pass. Just need a bill of sale and a license.
                    {o===o}
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                    Originally posted by CityHick
                    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X