project: never ending project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• project: never ending project

I'm finally posting some pics of the 74' build.I Bought the bronco 7/5/03,drove it home and immediatly started taken her apart.
    Attached Files
    Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie?

Nice lookin rig. Looks like a good starting point. What are your plans for it?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
      The drivetrain is already finished. I'll post more pics of the build first chance I get.I'm now toying with the idea of welding my cut rear quarters back on!!

Comment

6/12/04 Here are some shots of the cut out floorboards.The tub is on a rolling dolly.I have since ended up replacing a taillight section(very fun),rocker on one side and a door post.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here are some drivetrain pics.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68
            Just a nice street/trail bronco. Mostly street.

Comment

Rolling chassis looks awesome! How much lift did you do?

Comment

Thanks! its Wild horses 5 1/2''. I figure with that much lift I can run the 33's with uncut fenders if I decide to weld them back on.I'm really starting to like that original look.There is a guy from Alberta, B.C. in Bronco driver issue #11(readers rides section) with 36'' tires and uncut fenders and it looks sweet. I'm not sure how well it will function but like I said it's mainly a street truck.

Comment

Looking good so far! Isn't all that rust fun and pretty much normal in most of these now a days? I will be keeping my 71 as an un-cut street rig as well. I have to replace the quarters on mine due to the PO cutting then out but luckly no rust can be found (that was the only reson I bought it). With the 5.5" lift how much room would you have to the un-cut fenders if you were to put them back in? I want to run 33-35's but do it with as little lift as posible and no body lift. I am going to keep mine on the stiff side with sway bars to help out for street handling. Keep the pics comming.

Kevin
                  71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

This is what mine looked like with around 5.5" of lift, and a 3 inch body lift. The tires measure out to be 33" tall. My suspension is really soft in the back, but when I would pull out, or in my driveway, the tires would hit the fenders. The plan was to cut them, so I just hacked away sooner. I do like the looks of the uncut broncos though. If you can figure out a way, do it.
                    Last edited by earlybronco72; 01-03-2009, 01:25 PM.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Well, I'm almost wishing at this point I would have left the fenders uncut,kept a stock motor with a smaller narrow tire. I have seen some nice broncos with around 3'' of lift,uncut, with around 31'' tires that I thought looked really nice!My taste must be changing. I guess I have gone too far in the other direction to turn back now.

Comment

Any updates???
                        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

body/tub pics

here are some pics of the tub- It has been blasted,primed and seam sealed.Ready for paint if I ever get around to it!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks awesome...glad to see you gusseted your tub before you pulled it! A lot of people don't do it and regret it when things don't fin when it goes back together...
                            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Coming along nicely. Looks like you've made a lot of progress. Keep those pictures coming.

Comment

Working...
                              X