Plastic Surgery on the buggy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Surgery on the buggy!

Hi guy's it has been awhile since I have been around. I have been doing several customer builds and after starting this buggy over 4yrs ago I finally have the desire to correct a few things and finish it up. I have not decided if I will be keeping it or selling it once it is done but we will cross that road when we get their.

I was never really happy with the roof of this buggy. Although it is very strong and I would have no problem going for a good roll in it (once it was all welded up) it just does not flow very well. So now that I have some time between customer's builds I thought I would change a few things. So while my son was down for his nap I did some tape mock ups to see what direction I wanted to go in. I used tape and tag board to get an idea since tubbing has gotten so expensive I did not want to re-do it again later.

So give me some input on the new design!

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

This is the over all view. The white tape will be the new design. The blue is were the top of the hood and quarter panels are located. The green is the one spot I will figure out as I go since my shocks mount in this area I need something their but I don't know how I want it to look yet.

The blue in these two pic's is what is being removed.

The new front look and the lower white tape is the top of hood and dash so you can see the overall size of the windshield.

New door bars with a lower entry point ( I'm getting old) and a different design for the cross bars for a smoother look.

Then this is one of my new hobbies I will be getting into once I sell off a few toys so I can buy all the tools I need. I have taken a few classes in the last few months from Ron Covell and Lassy Jansen. I plan on getting more into the older street rods and less in to the 60's and 70's stuff I have been playing with.

Here is a link to some of the build. http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197
    Last edited by Rokcrln; 10-22-2008, 10:05 AM.
    71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Looks awesome!

Comment

Hey Kevin, it has been awhile, glad your back. Is this your old Bronco Buggy you had or something new? I like the new lower roof line and smaller windshield area, makes it look more streamline and I'm diggin the Hotrod skin, looks like alot of skills I don't have but wish I did.
      Joe

Comment

Hey Joe how have you guys been? How are the grand kids doing? Yes this is the same one you saw here at the BBQ. I kind of lost interest in it for a bit (3 plus yrs) but now I want to get it done. I am also thinking about making it a 3 seater by moving the gas tank back to the ice chest location then doing a 90* fire wall over it with one seat centered in front of that. Then my son could go or should I say my wife can go with my son and I, so I might want to keep it a bit more then.

Kevin
        LFD Inc.

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

For my son's second nap of the day I went out and tweaked things a bit. I want the roof to have some shape to it so I lowered the side bars down 1 3/4" in the rear and 2 1/4" in the front for a slight rake. Then the roof center and splay bars will raise up so the bottom of them is at the top of the side bars so when I wheel out the roof it will have some dome shape to it. This gives me the same head height as the first nap time tape job but with a lower look.

What do you think or should I change things some more? With me (6-0') in the seat I have about 3-4" of head room vertically and plenty side to side and front to back.

Kevin
          LFD Inc.

Here is the old and new for easy comparisons.

Comment

I like it but, I think you should split the difference on the hieght. And you should definetley make it a three seater!!!
            70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

I like the raked look....thats what I did with mine but I wish I could do it all over from the ground up with 100% tube now that I have more experience and skill.
              70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Originally posted by slvregl View Post
                I like it but, I think you should split the difference on the hieght. And you should definetley make it a three seater!!!
                Well splitting the difference is only 3/4". I hear you about the rear seat, you want some were to sit don't you!

Kevin
                LFD Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by bent70 View Post
                  I like the raked look....thats what I did with mine but I wish I could do it all over from the ground up with 100% tube now that I have more experience and skill.
                  I just saw that you recently took yours to the con, how did you like what you built? I have only had mine out once to P.C. to check and fully cycle the suspension.

Kevin
                  LFD Inc.

Comment

It broke.
                    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                      It broke.
                      Broke heck it has never been used other then once at PC and doing 4 wheel burn outs down my street every few months
                      This project started off real fast then hit a 3 yr slump were it was pushed out side and just sat waiting it's turn. That time has now come

Kevin
                      LFD Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rokcrln View Post
                        Broke heck it has never been used other then once at PC and doing 4 wheel burn outs down my street every few months
                        This project started off real fast then hit a 3 yr slump were it was pushed out side and just sat waiting it's turn. That time has now come

Kevin
                        LFD Inc.
                        Nooo he meant Bent70 broke on the Con..
                        KK6DAD
                        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
                          Nooo he meant Bent70 broke on the Con..
                          Now I see said the Blind Man!
                          I must not have read far enough in his thread.

Kevin
                          LFD Inc.

Comment

keep it low looks waaayy better than the old roof
                            75 Bronco - 5.0 EDIS/4R70W/44/9
                            68 Bronco - 6 cyl, 3 speed SOLD
                            71 Bronco - 302/NP435/44/9 ARB 4:88's 5.5 lift, 37 Toyos SOLD
                            70 Bronco - 1 tons/42's/ Coilovers f/r SOLD

Comment

Well I took full advantage of Taylors 1 1/2 hr nap. I had to move a few vehicles around to get my bender out since it has been about 1 yr or more since it has been used or moved. Once I got it out I cut out the drivers side bars so I could copy the pass side tape lines and I want to get the side bars done before pulling everything apart and attaching the frame to my chassis table for all the top tube work and full chassis welding.

Kevin
                              LFD Inc.

Comment

Working...
                              X