No announcement yet.

Plastic Surgery on the buggy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another nap time has come and gone with a little bit of work. I fit the upper side bar and tacked it all in. I went ahead and leaned the two side bars out at the cross section for just a bit more room. The cross section is about 1/2" off the outer door skin. I might get some time later tonight to work on the pass side then I will need to get another 60' of tube to do the rest.

Kevin
    LFD Inc.

71 EB 56K original miles stock for now!

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

51 F1 PU with MII front end, T-Bird IRS

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Looks good. Definitely should ease getting in and out. As far as Bent70 goes, one set of points went bad, leaking air shock, ripped sidewall, bent rim, bent steering arm and ran out of gas. Other than that it wheeled great.
      - Darin
      P.S. It's good to see the bronco getting worked on again.
      67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
      69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
      69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
      79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
      67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

The 4 Grandkids are great, I like your Sons name, Taylor is my middle name and has been in the family for 8 generations that I can trace back. The side bars look good that way, kind of reminds me of an X wing fighter.
        Joe

Comment

Yeah Taylor is my Grandfathers name on my dads side so it carried the name on with my Mom's dads name as his middle. My Dad's Dad was a painter so we have allot of his work hanging on the walls signed Taylor Lewis so it will be a good connection to his great Grandfather.

Got some work done today on both sides but I ran out of tubing so it will have to wait until I can get up to Sac. with my trailer for about 60'. I tore the inside out of the buggy in including all electrical and brake's. For now I just laid all the EFI stuff on top of the motor until I am ready to pull it out. So once my tube connectors get here from Poly Performance I can cut and add joints to my transfercase cross member then I will pull the motor and everything else at that time. Then if my frame table is still clear I will weld the chassis down and finish it up.

Kevin
          LFD Inc.

Seat mounts had to be right in everything!

I Will figure out how I want to tie this back in after the rear seat thing is decided upon.

The parts pile starts.

73 EB/rock buggy 351W EFI, Art Car C-4 manual VB w/ comp braking, 37 MTR's, 4-Link F&R, Fox Air 16", Full Hydro and now it runs!

70 C10 SWB, 92 LT1 vett motor, 700R4, power everything, great driving street rig.

Comment

Nice, I may have to steal that idea for the door bars once I can't climb through my window.
            The rig performed pretty awesome other than the random motor issues resulting in tire,wheel and steering arm damage from mis-communication and a 40 mph tug to compression start the engine.
            I need to tune my rear shocks and probably add a rear sway bar. On the road during weight shifting tight turns the ass end would unload and lean over. Otherwise, it drove smooth from airport flats to loon on road at speed and on the fire trails at speed too.
            70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Do you have a front sway bar of some sort? On mine with no current sway's to speak of mine will torque over fairly easy. I plan on getting a set of those Currie style sway bar's, but I hope for a cheaper set up if anyone has some info on one.
              Glad you had a good time I have no idea when this one will ever see the trail

Kevin
              LFD Inc.

Comment

No swaybar on the front. I was figuring since my rear seems to be doing majority of the work(flex) and just feels more loose in general I would try it in the rear, hopefully to equal out the suspension at the same time. We'll see once I repair the tire and get new arms I'll mess with the rear shocks oil levels and see if I can tune out the unloading.
                70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Yeah I am sure I need to play with my oil and psi a bit. I have only added PSI so far but it will lean over severely when you spool up the converter in forward or reverse. I need to do some reading and figure out were to start.

Kevin
                  LFD Inc.

Comment

Well slvregl and myself went out and bought 160' of 1 3/4", 40' of 1 1/2", 40' of 1", 20' of 1/8" x 1 1/2" strap and a 4x10 sheet of 18ga cold roll so it is time for me to get back on my buggy and time for Jim to find his EB and start back on it. I hope to get my pass side bar finished today during Taylors morning nap and get the drivers side roof, A,B and C pillar removed and ready for a Saturday morning bend session for the new roof. I have changed my mind on the front windshield bar design but you will need to wait to see it.

Last night I received my tube clamps from PolyPerformance but they sent the wrong style. I called them up and they instantly sent me an E-mail with a return UPS label for me to print out and send back. The down side is the clamps I need are not in stock and will be a few more days until they get in so my trany cross member will not happen just yet but I am sure I can find a few things to do in the mean time. I also ordered this kit http://www.pipemastertools.com/kits.html it is the bottom right kit. It might not get here in time to use on this build but it will be real nice for the next few street rod chassis I have lined up to do.

Well pic's to come later!

Kevin
                    LFD Inc.

Comment

More progress even in the rain. I have a few more bars to add to the front top of the roof and then it is time to cut out the rear bulkhead for the third seat and slid the tank back. The roof will have a metal skin front to back and then full body panels.

Kevin
                      LFD Inc.

Comment

I like it. It looks more proportional now, height vs. length. Are you still having issues with the TBI?
                        -Darin
                        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

It still runs rich and the guys from Comp Cams said to run a 4.3L TBI on my motor. I will check into it when I get it all back together.

Kevin
                          LFD Inc.

Comment

I like it!!!

Aaron
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Got Skin! I have allot done on the roof with allot left to go. I had to make this in two separate sheets because the cage is 52" wide half way down the side tubes and my sheet was only 48x120". So I ended up with a seam over the B hoop that I will Tig and work with a hammer and dolly a bit. I will also add a few 1 1/2 x 1/8" straps under the roof to stiffen it up in places. I wanted a nice smooth curve to the top so it Will not be attached to the center hoof but instead float just above it if that makes sense to you.

Kevin
                              LFD Inc.

Last edited by Rokcrln; 11-02-2008, 12:57 PM.

Comment

WOW, Nice work!! I want to go for a ride!!!
                                72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                                BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                                RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X