Project Broncosaraus rex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Broncosaraus rex

Ok so i have decided this weekend im going to stop procrastinating on this project till "i have more money", i havent struck it rich in the almost 2 years i have had it, so im going to get started on this!

i pulled it out of a friends, neighbors back yard, for 2500 bucks. What a steal, i have always wanted one after building a few early mustangs, but was scared of the price tag. But finding this one, i couldnt pass it up. All i did was drop the gas tank and flush it, put a new key switch in, and fired her up, i drove it around town for a couple months, with a buff job, and painted the wheel flairs black, but that brakes were bad, and the suspension stiff to do anything else with, the death woble didnt help either.

So here are the specs of the old broncosaraus rex:

1990 HO mustang 5.0
    c6 auto
    d30 front, BB 9'' rear
    d20 transfer
    and alittle rust here and there

the first few pics are when i just got it home, and then a couple weeks later i had it buffed up, and i painted the wheel flairs black. Cruised it till i decided to park it.

Floor pans and wheel wells got cut up today, im not stopping now!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ponyboy4130; 03-15-2009, 07:35 PM.

Re: Project Broncosaraus rex

i just got to work today on the rust, i decided ill extend the wheel wells while im at it, because they were rusted anyways, and fix the floor pans, passenger just has a small spot i can spot repair.

I might have to replace the whole support under the driver floor pan, its got a little rot.

Comment

$2500 NICE!!!!! I dont know what you were waiting for.. you have a good platform right there.
      Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Tell us more about the 65-66 Mustang??? Sweet deal for $2,500. Enjoy!
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

that is a super score for 2500
          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

$2500 is a great deal for that rig. I can't believe how nice the paint is for that price, buffed out or not!. Looks like a little sheet metal and a spray-in bedliner and you're well on your way!

Nice Mustang too... My sister's got a 66 coupe in her garage that just needs paint. I keep hoping that her and my bro-in-law get tired of staring at it and want their garage space back. They got a hell of a deal on it... on-par with your EB...
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

i built in in highschool, its show quality, and doesnt get used much. Its probably going to get sold, but the market sucksss. I need bronco money! thats why i fell in lov with broncos, i sat in one, and said "man this is a big mustang. My bronco is one year newer, its a useful version of my mustang. Im not a show car kinda guy owner, and dont have it in me to turn it into a track car.

It was indeed a deal at 2500, the story basically starts sitting and talking to a buddy about rock crawling, and me wanting to get another toyota. he said "my neigbor has a bronco he will sell me for 2000 dollars, i should buy that and build a tahoe rig" i told him he doesnt want a bronco for the trails, (thinking a later model, or bronco 2 for that price) Then i asked what year. He said "an old one, 60's somthing". Then my jaw dropped, but i tried to act not too interested. I asked if i could come check it out. When i got there, i peaked over the fence, and there was sitting my true love!

I said ill give you 2500, and pull it out myself, and take it NOW. The deal was my buddy could get anything over 2000, for selling it.

He needed to smog his truck, and needed some cash for a new CAT, hahaha, he took the 500 and ran. WHAT A DEAL! I never get deals, but im good if thats my last, im not letting this puppy go anywhere.

PLANS:
              -Fix floor pans
              -extend wheel tubs.
              -Extended shock mod to floor?
              -LINEX,
              -nice seats and stereo.

-i want to 4 or 3 link it, with front and rear coils, any good threads on this? I want to keep cost down, but have the time and place to do any fabbing or machining.

-ill just sand it down, and shoot it a new color eventually.
              -custom bumpers
              ok so i plan to do alot, but first get it on the road.

I like the idea of a 4bt cummins too!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X