Not a Bronco but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Bronco but...

Hey Guys XBronco owner and forum lurker here...just thought you guys would appreciate the rig I picked up a month ago. Hopefully it will end up being my tow rig for when I get another Bronco...Its a 66 Ford long bed 4wheel drive with 6inch of custom lift. 79 Dana 44 up front and a 78 9inch with a detroit locker in the rear (which I will probably change to a Dana 60 when I start towing with it 4:11 gears through out. Nice little rig in and out...just needs a couple of things to bring her into real good shape. She does have a sweet rebuilt 390...got to love big block V8's anyways here's the pic's
    Attached Files
    70 Bronco, Burgundy and Black, 5.0 injected 3.5 superlift, always a work in progress....

Re: Not a Bronco but...

That's a sweet looking rig. Have you noticed the rear quarters (lower rear section) look just like the EB lower quarters. Kind of cool.

Comment

Yeah I did notice it looks like an uncut which I thought was pretty cool. The first car I owned was a 66stepside and I always wanted it to be a 4wheel drive...had to get a long bed to get this but I am cool with it. Nice thing it is an original 4wheel drive. I am now however in the market for a NP205 transfer case because the one in there is the original and its a single speed. Like anything fun it is a money sucking thing..LOL
      Thanks for the compliment....I really like it!
      70 Bronco, Burgundy and Black, 5.0 injected 3.5 superlift, always a work in progress....

Comment

Nice Dude, welcome back... EFI conversion in the works for the 390 maybe?

Doug
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Very nice!
          Jack
          73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

That thing is bad. Love it.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Very nice like them old trucks
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Simply SAAWWWEEEEEETTTTT!!!
                72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Very cool, dig it for sure!

That could be a sweet desert truck with some long travel suspension, cage, ...ect, ect, ect... Lots of $$$ too!
                  1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

That is very nice. I like that vintage Ford truck a lot - there are 3 of them in my neighborhood, one of which is a guy's nearly daily driver.
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

I always liked the long bed ford's

Comment

Very Cool! I'm trying to get a buddy to sell his 68 to me. Love the old trucks!
                        72 under the knife for a 435, 203-205, spooled 9, lockright 44. hydroboost,

Comment

Old iron is just cool. Nice truck. Simple and clean.
                          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                            Nice Dude, welcome back... EFI conversion in the works for the 390 maybe?

Doug
                            I would LOVE to do an EFI conversion!!...LOL. Also that isnt too far fetched. It has a new painless wiring harness in it so it wouldnt be hard to make everything work.
                            Thanks everyone for your kind comments...I am a fan of old heavy metal myself.....I think trucks back then just had great lines...little upgrades here and there and they are quite sweet...
                            JohnII

Comment

Looks awesome but I think you may need to add a silver or lime green stripe down the side. Go Seahawks!
                              Vacaville, Ca
                              67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

Working...
                              X