BroncRider's 66 Bronco Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BroncRider's 66 Bronco Project

The 2wd 435 has the proper flange bolt pattern as well as the correct output shaft. All that is needed to prepare that tranny for install is to zip cut the speedo drive from the tip of the output shaft. I would seriously look for a used adapter. The adapter is much more than a flange adapter. It has included in it an adapter that fits into the transfer case to accept the splined shaft from the tranny. You should be able to find one for a few hundred. I don't know much about building one from the 6cylinder adapter, but that sounds like a good option too. Not too sure what is used for the tcase portion of the adapter though.

Originally posted by BroncRider
    Why use a 4x2 NP435 can you post your answer on the forum for my bronco project so my buddy jesse can read it. hey thanks alot for offering to do that for my dana 20 i might take you up on that. i can not believe how much i am learning on this website i love it its awsome i really have the bug.

thanks again

cole
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

No stabilizers here either. Used to run a modified 6 cyl adapter for my 435 for years. Works great.
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

If I could borrow that adapter plate for the 6cyl housing from anyone that would be great.
        Last edited by BroncRider; 05-05-2009, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know what size pressure plate bolts i will have for the clutch i am trying to buy a clutch online and i have a choice between the 3/8 or the 5/16 just wondering if there is a common one.

Comment

for you what your planning on using it for Cole, I would just drop the 205 in. And later on if you decided to go black box or 203/205 doubler, your all that much closer. Its only a loss of .48 gear reduction. Your gonna run 4.56's and 35's. You'll be just fine with that 205 at 1.98.
            Use the extra cash on suspension mods, better articulation will make up for the loss in gear reduction. Not to mention road manners.
            Look up cage arms/james duff arms, your buddy should be able to easily make you a set for a fraction of what they cost to buy.
            Last edited by TRAILBOUND; 05-06-2009, 12:26 AM.
            72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Cole,
              Here's the picks of my adapter from John bolted to my 435.

John throws in new allen style bolts for the 435 side of the adapter and a new seal for the xfer case side. You'll still need the bearing and O ring (from JBG) for the xfer case side...

Fungus
              Attached Files
              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Cole,
                Here's some pics of the JB Fab twin sticks that showed up today. The pics don't due them justice... the SS is SWEET!!! These things are top notch all the way.
                Attached Files

Comment

Well I ordered my first round of parts a Centerforce II clutch, dana 20 seal and gasket kit and side mirrors. Talked to jesse today and the NP435 is rebuilt he just needs to pick it up. Going to be getting the adapter for the t-case soon and going to get replacement body mounts also. as soon as jesse starts tearing into it i will get him to post some pics. weather here is jbad a wonderful 110 degrees and blowing 25kts feel like i am standing behind a jet engine this place sucks. we had a couple reporters with us for the last week actually really cool guys i will post some of the pictures in a couple days that they took while we were out on missions.

Comment

what is the model number for the jb jab shifter going to get one?

Comment

Direct from JB Fab model # EB20T (for T shift) and EB20J (for J shift).

Comment

Me and my buddy here were messing with his photo shop program and he changed up the color on my bronco i thought i would share so you guys would kinda know what your broncos would look like if you wanted to paint your trucks. Since I am from California he thought i might like the pink one the best.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by BroncRider; 08-29-2009, 01:27 AM.

Comment

LMFAO!! The pink one is all you man! I'll buy the paint if you go with that one.
                          Last edited by crawlin68; 05-19-2009, 08:54 AM.

Comment

You need to trade mark that door emblem. Too Freakin Funny
                            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I like the green, but the pink would be hit in the parade in the city!
                              Mark Harris
                              71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

The custom wording on the driver's fender really sets it off too! I know your in the Reserves and all but isn't it still "don't ask, don't tell"?....

Comment

Working...
                                X