Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Project 88

Originally posted by Big_Chris_75 View Post
    Hmmm now my brain is spinning. I weighed pro's and cons to having two trucks and I think I may take the front end from my dads truck before he sells it that way I have that going for me because right now it has a vacuum leak, a tranny leak, the steering box(I think) stopped working and it barely stays running. Although that does make it seem like a perfect truck for a trail rig...
    If you do go for it, and need a steering box, let me know. I have one here. I will let it go for a good price.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

you guys forgot to mention the strength difference between the NP205 from the 79 and the BW1356 in the late body style. One of them is bullet proof the other is a dime a dozen. Actually less then a dime cause if someone would have given me a dime i wouldn't have taken the BW to the dump.
      72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

..oh...did I forget to mention that the 79 has an NP205 gear driven transfer case that is built with a cast iron housing? The 84 had a double chain drive aluminum housing transfer case that was good but not near as good as the NP205. The 88...I don't know what it is but I understand one of our members collects them for scrap metal...I understand he pays $.10 each.
        Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

oh really... hmmm now I am kinda teetering back the other way to seeing if my dad would sell me his truck and fixing it up. I believe it has a 460 and C6 Tranny but I am not positive on that. If I could talk him into hosting a bbq/pool event would any of you guys be interested in going and helping me figure out what all would be needed in order for the truck to be trail ready?

Comment

The mention of Bbq and beer with this group will get you all kinds of advice. Sounds like a good time. Sundays are good for me.

1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I believe what he meant to say was...
              Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
              WARNING..The mention of Bbq and beer with this group will get you all kinds of advice.
              Last edited by Spaceburger; 06-02-2009, 12:21 PM.
              Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Working...
              X