Franked's Jeep, anyone mind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franked's Jeep, anyone mind?

I just wanted to put up some pics of what has transpired with the jeep over the last 15 months, thought I'd ask first before I waste time, I've been a few places with some of you fine folks, wanted to put up pics. Let me Know, Frank
    Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
    35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Re: Franked's Jeep, anyone mind?

It's a j@@p, but it's a trail rig and I like lookin at trail rigs. I guess it's OK this time....
    1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
      I just wanted to put up some pics of what has transpired with the jeep over the last 15 months, thought I'd ask first before I waste time, I've been a few places with some of you fine folks, wanted to put up pics. Let me Know, Frank
      it doesn't say "only in a jeep" on it, does it?
      6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

Hey it has former Bronco parts on it! Get on with the pictures Frank
        68 Slightly modified
        67 LUBR once again
        61 Willy Wagon

Comment

It's important to identify friendly jeeps so we can rescue them on the trail.
          70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Nice
            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

You know my answer, He is one of my best buds. Glad you are well recieved.
              1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Post em up dude!

Comment

Come awn man, post up!
                  Hell I owned a Toyota as a wheeler for a few months about 4 years ago )
                  Mark Harris
                  71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Well it doesn't seem that anyone minds, so I'll go over some of the jeep history, first I got it sometime in 07, it was kind of pathetic, but I didn't know that at the time. I still liked it, It was a more serious 4 wheeler than my 95 Silverado extra cab(the wheelbase was shorter, it didn't have some big thing sticking down like the trucks torque arm bracket) here is a picture of the jeep then.
                    Attached Files
                    35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Ok so that's when I drove it out of the back yard, after it had been sitting for almost a year, some in my garage, and some at my Fiance's house in the back yard. My Fiance and I were splitting up, and she left on vacation for a week, that's when I got it on the road, found out it wouldn't pass smog, I had to change the hoses going to the gas tank, and the rusty old tank cracked in the process, so I had to buy a new tank, sigh... I got some black wheels and tires that weren't cracked on it(all used) trying to keep the budget build going.So, after a new tank, and a couple hundred on used tires and wheels, and a bout 4 days of time going through the wiring and repairing the steering column, here it is, ON THE ROAD!! (June 08)
                      Attached Files

Comment

I learned from talking to people, It wasn't going to work on the con with the stock axles, 3.54 gears, no locker(dana20 axle rear, dana 30 front). So I started looking for a solution, Dana 44s seemed to be the way to go. I found a n older CJ5 44 with a limited slip for 175.00 I was on my way! Only problem, the only jeep 44s for the front were way wider, way more expensive, and usually set up for coil springs. I found out that scout front axles could be narrowed on a medium budget, and put in, so I started looking for one of those. I found a pair fron and rear for 400.00, so I got those, with the new plan of just putting them on, 7inches wider than my stock axles. I found a place to do it, and they put in 4.10 gears, and a locker for me, installed all the new brake parts I bought, and seals and bearings, put the limited slip that came in the back axle in front, and 3,000 later with all that, I'm on the road with stronger, wider locked(in rear) lower geared axles, dang this hobby is expensive. But I can go crawling now, I thought.
                        Attached Files

Comment

oops, that 3rd picture is something else, later in the project.

Comment

So I am talking about the jeep, online. I haven't had time to drive it really, because I have my kids for the summer, am in the process of buying a house, packing to move, and working a bunch of overtime too. Anyway, online on a jeep forum, someone asked, "what did you do about the caster problem with scout axles?".......HUH?! WTF!
                            I took it to an alignment shop to see how bad it was.
                            (scouts axles are 0 degrees to the cast in flat mount part in the center section)

No wonder it drove a little screwed up, it had negative caster 3 degrees on one side, and 3.5 on the other, crap!
                            BTW, Randy and I had made an Expedition to try wheeling once now that I had a locker, we got a ticket being somewhere we weren't supposed to be.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
                              BTW, Randy and I had made an Expedition to try wheeling once now that I had a locker, we got a ticket being somewhere we weren't supposed to be.
                              Shhhh. You are letting the cat out of the bag
                              Last edited by RandyatBBY; 07-29-2009, 02:49 PM.
                              1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Working...
                              X