Fyrebronc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fyrebronc

So I've been lurking around here for over a year and had my bronco almost the same amount of time. I've wanted one of these since I was a kid. I finally decided to bite the bullet sitting on top of a ridge in So Cal, eating MREs for the third day in a row, deciding which tree would be my next victim, and watching inmates cut hand line on the annual LA urban renewal burn. I'm posting this up more as a motivation tool than anything else, so just tear me apart a little at a time.

She's been sitting on jack stands way too long and I'm going to dive in! I scored a great set of full width axles and tires out of a full size (Thanks Chuck!)

The front has an ARB, 4.56 gears, chromolly shafts with CTMs. The rear has a Strange case with an ARB, 4.56s and 35 spline shafts.

The tires are 37x12.5x15 MTRs for now.

The motor is a stock 302, with a 5.0 sitting on a stand awaiting a rebuild.

For a trans, I picked up a Dodge NV4500 and am still trying to decide/find a good T case.

An Aero 23 gallon tank is sitting off to the side and just waiting for EFI.

The body is in great shape. That is primarily why I picked it up after looking at many buckets 'o rust!

The Lincoln buzz box I had just wouldn't cut the mustard on the axles and frame stuff so I just got a Miller 180. Welds great for my application and is a little smaller than the bigger 250 to move around the garage. Strangely my hammered dog crap welds are just bigger now.....

So a big thank you to all who have helped me this far and great to meet all of you. Nick
    Attached Files
    74, Banana yellow, on 4-Ton Jack stands, waiting for more overtime. Soon: 37's, NV4500, Atlas, Full width 44/9" sigpic

Re: Fyrebronc

I know the jack stand thing all to well, But I did work on mine some today. Nice looking rig and what type of T-case you looking for ?
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Considering an Atlas or a Stak. If I can find a decent used unit, all the better.
      74, Banana yellow, on 4-Ton Jack stands, waiting for more overtime. Soon: 37's, NV4500, Atlas, Full width 44/9" sigpic

Comment

Finally got two tires on the ground. I had to measure for a trac bar since I'm going full width. I also wrestled the NV4500 in. What a pain in the azz. The tranny jack was worth it's weight in gold since it came out four times to trim the tunnel. I threw in a comparison pic of the three speed vs the NV4500. Just a little bigger... It is no where near as impressive as most of these builds but I'm still pluggin' along!
        Attached Files
        Last edited by fyrebronc; 06-03-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Bout time you got busy with all that money you made sitt'in on that hill, enjoying those MRE's...

I look forward to seeing it on the road. Keep moving forward
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

That NV4500 actually looks pretty compact, definitely more than my ZF.

Even your ball joints are pretty down there....enjoy...I do miss not having everything covered in mud...a little.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
              Bout time you got busy with all that money you made sitt'in on that hill, enjoying those MRE's...

I look forward to seeing it on the road. Keep moving forward
              Tell me about it!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                That NV4500 actually looks pretty compact, definitely more than my ZF.

Even your ball joints are pretty down there....enjoy...I do miss not having everything covered in mud...a little.
                It is definitely shorter, but heavier!

Comment

Working...
                X