New Project Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Project Bronco

I will be converting them to 8 lug and adding disk brakes, I am going to hallow out a set of unit bearings for the flange then run mid 70's chevy roters. I have a set of H2 rims with 40" tall bald MTR's for mock-up. Tomorrow I will be talking with the brother-in-law (own's a job shop, machine shop) and father-in-law about running the standard axles, narrowing the axles 3-4" (short side on the front and long side on rear) or if they think Mog9's would be the best way to go. I would like to keep the track width to 80-83".

Comment

Not much to add pictures of but decided to copy some of crawlin68. I just picked up a set of 2.47 gears and a HD 9" housing to start the mog 9 for the rear and will be adding one to the front as well. I will be modifying the frame for extra up travel but will rase up the rear 2 body mounts as well. I will have a 2" body lift so it will let me delete the rear 4 pucks. So once I get the frame done I will post some pictures and should start taking the mog axles appart as well.

Comment

Awesome! Where did you find the 2.47 gear set? Isn't the pinon gear ginormous!!!

Comment

found the gears on ebay for $60 delivered, it does have a lot of meat to it.

Comment

Just picked up my rear doors and opennings to work our how much I will be streaching it. Looks like 22 to 24" total.

Comment

Well took a page frome PDX / Josh and played with paint a little. I grabbed one of "House's" pictures as his colors are similar to what I want to use. So here is the picture of close to what I am building.
              Attached Files

Comment

Whoah!!! Cool!

Comment

Sweeeeet! Its going to look badass! I need to get this uncut done so I can get started on mine!!!! Yours will definitely be the "enhanced" version of mine as I am probably going to stay with half ton stuff for now on it (budget) unless I can unload mine to fund.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

I will be running 9" center sections so kind of 1/2 ton . It is starting to come together with parts. Should be cutting the frame in the next few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X