New paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New paint

Well, the wife is gone for three weeks, and I got bored. Here are the new colors for my bronco. Actually they are old colors that I missed.
    Last edited by earlybronco72; 01-03-2009, 01:27 PM.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

I need to paint my rig. What type of paint did you use? The last time i painted a car was when laquer was legal.
    70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Looks sharp Mark! I assume that you painted it yourself? Rattle can or gun?

Comment

Alright Mark so how did ya do it. Looks great from here
        72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
        1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

It was from a can. Rustolium, 3.55 a can. Took five cans to do the whole thing. I'm sure that in a couple of months the shine will go away, but I kind of like the dull look. I also highly recommend the little attachment for the top of the can that gives you a pistal grip. No more finger pump.
          Marc D.

Comment

Hey Mark is that your gas cap on the rear corner panel. If so whats it from and can you throw up a close-up pic of it. Thanks FM

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

Comment

Nope not a gas cap. It is an IBEW sticker. That actually would be a good place to put the filler though. It would be pretty protected. I would think that it wouldn't be that hard to mount one there, as long as you didn't plan on putting a hardtop on again. I may have some old filler tubes laying around, and I could see how they fit, but it wouldn't work for mine though. I have a fuel cell right behind my seats.
              Marc D.

Comment

Thats right I forgot about your fuel cell. Thanks anyway. I could probably bend some tube to make that bend though.
                Thanks FM

Comment

That looks good for a can!! Only took 5 cans?? damn thats good..

A
                  KK6DAD
                  70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Actually it took five cans and a 12 pack for me and the neighbor to drink. I'm amazed how good it actually came out.
                    Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by Familyman
                      Thats right I forgot about your fuel cell. Thanks anyway. I could probably bend some tube to make that bend though.
                      Thanks FM

I found this one I hacked down, and I think it would work in there. Might be a pain to install, but if you put rubber fuel hose down to the tank, or even welded an extension on it, I bet it would work slick. You can have it if you want it.
                      Last edited by earlybronco72; 01-03-2009, 01:27 PM.
                      Marc D.

Comment

Looks good Mark. You can hardly see the dents now I have been thinking about painting mine sine there isn't much paint on the hood anymore. I may use duraback or something like it from the body line down and paint the upper half and hood.
                        1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony
                          Looks good Mark. You can hardly see the dents now I have been thinking about painting mine sine there isn't much paint on the hood anymore. I may use duraback or something like it from the body line down and paint the upper half and hood.

I would recommend it. It is easy to do, and sure makes you happier with the apperance. May not look professional up close, but I think it would make your bronco look really good. You can always get rid of what color you do put on it later for a pro job.
                          Marc D.

Comment

I found this one I hacked down, and I think it would work in there. Might be a pain to install, but if you put rubber fuel hose down to the tank, or even welded an extension on it, I bet it would work slick. You can have it if you want it.
                            SOLD, Thanks Mark

Comment

Let me know when we can get together for the delivery. I'm leaving town a week from tomorrow for a week.
                              Marc D.

Comment

Working...
                              X