New Project - Grampa Wagon Daily Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Project - Grampa Wagon Daily Driver

Considering the plethora of parts that I have collected and the fact that I had to sell off my uncut I decided to build my own daily driver.
    This is a budget build as Dave Ramsey put me on a budget. New purchases will be at a minimum, trying to use just parts I have on hand or already purchased or parts I can swap for. Hoping to get it completed for about 3k above what I already had, including paint.

Plan...
    Uncut (done)
    2.5" SL (done)
    31x9.50s on stock steelies and caps (looking for wheels)
    C4 (done)
    302 with explorer front and top end (done)
    Hard top (need)
    AC (have parts)
    Bench front (have) with bulkhead (need) for when I want to run a halfcab (have) or to keep the crap in the back when hardtop used, bench in back to allow me to seat 5
    Family cage (have) - not sure on color
    Medium lime metallic with parchment top and interior

There is an extreme chance that I will have this done for Broncotoberfest, I doubt it but I am going to give it a shot.
    Last edited by PDXBronco; 09-17-2010, 12:02 PM.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Re: New Project - Grampa Wagon Daily Driver

Here are some pics. The original tub was good, rust free, etc but opted for one I found that had been blasted and primed. Had some issues too when I finally got into it but gave me an excuse to un-cut it. Also have almost 200 holes in it. Spend a whole day welding and grinding on that. Also going to have to address the front clip as whoever had it before didnt weld it on right

Motor was my first rebuild. Took it out of my beast last year, Mexican block, had it bored 20 over, crank 10, aftermarket heads...started as pro-comps but the shop cleaned them up. HO cam and explorer efi intake setup. I have all the sensors, harness, etc in a box that I had been collecting :-X

Got the old quarters cut off and new ones are screwed in, need to flip the tub back over and put the doors back on before I weld them up to ensure fitment. Pretty happy with the results of the aftermarket panels so far. Will have final determination when I get the doors back on and weld then up.

Had transmission built locally, I rebuilt the t-case, its all installed on a blasted and coated frame (previous owner).

Put a new 2.5" Tom's SL on it. Axles are off of a 76, disc front, power steering, etc.

Have an EFI aero tank to install still. - last mass buy

Going to run an explorer radiator and taurus fan. Grabbed those at junkyard this summer.

Have a family cage that I dragged down from OR, not sure what color I will paint it.

Last pic shows the green color I am thinking right now. Only chrome trim will likely be grill surround, stock style bumpers, light rings and hard top trim (forget if it has it)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PDXBronco; 09-17-2010, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Looking good there, and I love that green
      68 Slightly modified
      67 LUBR once again
      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Well its now uncut! Need to grind a few welds, replace a lower tail light panel and brace, throw a little primer and bedline the bottom. Then mate the tub up with the chassis.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by PDXBronco; 09-23-2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

is that a crap cage?!?!?!?! you dont need a full cage.

I'll take it off your hands
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Coming along nicely Bro! I've got so much shit going through my head right now w/ all the rigs showing up at my place soon I don't know where the hell I am... Keep'er comin'!
            sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Ryan...first you are looking for info on jeep back seats on CB now you want a family cage...something you aren't telling us? You dip your tip and make it stick?

Comment

Ryan, I have a back seat I will sell to you cheap

Comment

I have my back seat and my cage. I just hate my cage.
                  {o===o}
                  Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                  EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                  Originally posted by CityHick
                  I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Well I flipped it back 1 more time to finish welding the quarters and replace one tail light panel (lower half) that was bashed. Got it all cleaned up and prepped and sprayed on the Raptor liner. Just went with black on the bottom, its tintable, since I really am torn between 2 colors right now and black is easy for the bottom. Used 5 quarts so far, need to use 1 more to fix a couple thin spots as I ran out of light. Nice thing is this stuff sticks well to itself as long as its clean so touching up is easy (unless its tinted, then it can be a challenge). Real happy with the way it turned out. You'd never know there were over 150 holes in the bed floors and wheel wells (all welded up and ground down - took a whole tank of gas).
                    Hopefully Sunday I can flip it over 1 more time and mount it on the frame in the garage. Anxious to do paint and body...not looking forward to buying it though $$$$.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I love that stuff (Raptor). So easy to use...
                      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Wow, this is really going to be rad!
                        Mark Harris
                        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

At tptools.com you can get the Raptor kit with a gun for 99.00 bucks. best price i could fine. Bronco looks great.

Comment

Yup, I paid $100 a kit for mine with the gun, its very affordable. Dont remember if I got it there or not.

Comment

Got mine on ebay for 110.00 with gun.
                              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                              X