Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JJ's Project 72

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
    Since its unpainted still, I would add a gusset on that corner protector.
    If you are talking about the bumper no need it will hold up just fine. Mine have
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Here are just a few project pictures. The Dana 20 was rebuilt and new shift rails put in and the detents removed by Jack O Brien. That way I can do front digs now. You can see that is the new Inspection Cover that Justin put together.
      Replaced the pinion seal in the 9”, got rid of the crush sleeve with the crush sleeve eliminator kit and put the WH pinion guard on
      The cross member is for the 4 Link, Justin is putting together. It measures exactly 23” and he did all the welds. More pictures to come as I do the install. Sooner than Later!
      Tranny and T-Case should be going in this next week, then onto the 4 link install. Just waiting for the tranny rebuild to be complete.
      Attached Files
      72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Comment

So they hydro boost unit is mustang but the master cylinder is cobra and you think 95 cobra if I'm reading correctly. What year mustang for the hydro boost? And what did you need to mount it to the firewall? Did someone build you something?

I'm doing an explorer motor and want to add hydro boost to my current set up which is essentially the same as wild horses extreme duty explorer kit but I put it all together from pick n pull, wrecking yards, and some creative thinking. What front rakes are you using?
        Last edited by NOTPRETTY; 03-25-2012, 08:35 PM.
        Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Here is some pictures of the 4 Link. Thanks to the help and design work of Justin and another buddy, Im just about on the road again. I already reinstalled the fuel lines and brake lines. Next is installing the shock mounts, assemble the bump stops, setting the springs in, getting the drive line extended and then taking it over to Marco to run the exhaust.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jchevy4x4j; 06-10-2012, 11:33 AM.
          72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Comment

Looks good. Let us know how It drives.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Just got back from the muffler shop. I was able to drive the Bronco around the block. By the way that felt great to be able to drive it again! Drives straight down the road and smooth. Leans obviously in the turns, but the ride is smooth. You can sail over speed bumps. Here are some pics from the last few nights and the exhaust work. I may continue the exhaust out the side of the rear corner panel, but I wont know to see how this setup works.

Time for an ice cold beer in celebration! Cheers
              Attached Files

Comment

Damn Jesse! You have been busy, looks great!
                Leave No One Behind
                KK6AUW

Comment

Are those TJ coils in the back? I had stock TJ coils in mine when I first built my 3 link. They ended up being way to soft and I had wicked body roll. Stock bronco front coils worked really well in mine, and it really helped the body roll situation.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

The rear are the 7" RE springs. Eventually I will put a sway bar in the rear but right now I just want to drive it. Drove it to work today!

Comment

Finally on the road, great job!
                      68 Slightly modified
                      67 LUBR once again
                      61 Willy Wagon

Comment

So how does it drive? Did I forget to weld anything!!!
                        1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Just did a couple more upgrades over the past week. Nothing too major. Added all new stainless steel braided fuel lines, GM style fuel filter, inline fuel pressure gauge, AN fittings, and a new power steering cooler with Fan.
                          I welded on some nuts to the frame rail to mount the fuel line seperators.

The power steering cooler just fit between the grill and the radiator. I just need to install the switch for the fan, so I can turn it off for water crossings and snow banks I like to plow through during the winter times.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Finally finished the installation of the Ram and got the Sanden compressor mounted. The clearances between the compressor and headers is less than a 1/4" - Still need to wire it up and measure for a new belt. I already have the air lines, pressure switch, gauges, check valve setup for my VIAIR. I was just going to wire the Sanden with that current setup and ditch the viair.

Also, made some front bump stops, using the material I had in stock. Overkill with the tubing leftover from the link setup

Cant wait to test out the Ram. I did not do the mod to the hydroboost that some said might be needed with the Ram. Brakes still work the same.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by jchevy4x4j; 03-13-2013, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X