• Workin "on" its 66 Project

This was Friday
    Attached Files

Re: Workin "on" its 66 Project

This is Sunday and the fun begins
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks good.. what are your plans for it?
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Looks like you got a hellava start on it already. Where are you located? I love your shop!

Comment

My plan is to make it a nice trail rig. Now with that said, I'm my worst enemy with these projects.

The body is unbolted and ready to be removed. I finished up around 1600 so I decided to wait until next weekend. I'll sand blast the frame and paint it. The body has some rust. I'll replace the floor panels, line-x the floors, paint the whole thing then reassemble.

302 roller motor with GT40 iron heads, EFI, 4-speed, front disk power brakes, power steering. Nothing to big.

I live north of Vacaville in an area known as Allendale. The shop was the first thing I built after buying the place 10 years ago. So far most of what I have read here have been my source ideas.

Dave

Comment

Welcome Dave, I look forward to reading your posts...
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Welcome Dave. I like the way you're approaching this - don't kid yourself about what lies ahead... just dive straight in and get dirty. Looks like you have a reasonably solid rig to start with which is half the battle. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

I too am jealous of your shop!
              -Tony
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Today started as a slow day but ended great. 0800 at Fairfield pick-n-parts to see what was left of the 70 Bronco they have listed in row 89. Pay my 2 bucks and the cashier says the yellow 70 Bronco is in row 84. I'm thinkin I'm going to get my window handles. Nope!! Nothing there and I mean no Bronco in the yard. So I went home and pulled the body off.
                Attached Files

Comment

nothing but a bare frame and a coors light, thats what i'm talking about.

oh and I think someone already posted up that the PnP bronco was a hoax or rather non existant
                  72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

You have been watching way too much Overhaulin type shows that do 2 hour tear downs! Looks great, cant wait to see it progress.
                    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Since you've tore it down this far, have you thought about pushing the rear end back a few inches. I'm not talking 4 link or anything, just move the hangers back 3-4 inches. Little extra WB never hurts and if down the road you decided to run a range box or double, then your drive shafts wont be short.
                      I would think that even a tiny stretch of say 3 back and 3 front, which would net you app. 98" WB. Should give noticeble offroad gain and as long as your not "planning" on huge tires, you won't have to cut that much sheetmetal. Just a thought
                      72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Not really thinking that far forward yet. My plan is to finish tearing it down, rebuild the front and rear end and before I begin to re-assemble decide on the direction.

For my intended purpose I'm not sure I need it and I really want to stay on track with this build for its use. If I spend lots of money on suspension then I have less for other areas or the project takes longer as I have a monthly "Toy" budget.

Not sure I'll make it but I'd like to be done before November and take it on my Elk hunt.

Comment

I thought my tear down was fast....I just saw this thing....you move fast...
                          70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Working...
                          X