F150 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 Project

Well since the bronco is pieces and I have this incredible urge to make some of the snow runs this year. I decided to take my miled mannered 77' F150 and spruce it up for some snow wheeling/mud bogging/camping duty.
    So I sold the 35" AT's and took a little bit of bronco cash and picked up the 38.5's. I went out to the shed and grabbed the 1/2 ton lift springs and a shackle flip. So from tuesday until now, I've been putting in a couple hours a day to get all this stuff installed.

Well the "free" lift didn't turn out quite right, so I had to order some longer shackles to raise the ass end up. No to bad, roughcountry sold me two shackles with bushings for $50 and they will be here next wensday. The total lift looks to be 6" in front and I'm shooting for 6.5-7 in the rear.

77's have the dreaded "y" steering, so I'll have to do a heim over setup and a drop pitman arm. The overall goal is to put this thing back on the road for as little $$$$ as possible using random parts we have around here. I already found a driveshaft that should work for the front, we have a couple different pitman arm options. unfortuneatly non of the steering can be done until the lift is finished. Then I will have to play some games with string to figure out the best steering/trac bar setup. The goal of making the uncle toms run next satureday, just isn't going to happen, school starts back up on monday and the shackles wont be here till Wed. but we'll see.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Re: F150 Project

oh and some specs,

351M rebuilt??? definatly has some kind of RV/4x4 cam and came out of another wheeler.
    NP435/205
    Stock axles 3.50's and open

I'm half heartedly searching for an Aussie or other kind of LSD for the front and I'll leave the rear open. This truck gets great MPG for what it is, when the 35's were on it; it averaged 16 mpg.

Comment

Looks good man! I'm thinkin' you need to subdue that chrome rollbar in the back with some satin black though. New meats is makin'er look mean!
      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

This is a Bronco forum, not an F-150 forum! Go away!!

Comment

Troll!!!!

LOL

That is a badass truck!

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Oh and here at O.F.F we don't use floor jacks; we use forklifts because we can.

Light bar thing eh ah eh, truck might end up white. Besides it matches the chrome front bumper.

O.F.F = Okie Flex Fab - here for all your 4x4 needs.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
              Light bar thing eh ah eh, truck might end up white. Besides it matches the chrome front bumper.
              Satin black on that thing too! Black powder on the wheels and you'll look like a raiders fan...
              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

That is one sweet ass truck!

Comment

I have a stock 78-79 F150 pitman arm you can have. I will just have to put my Dodge one on.
                  Marc D.
                  If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

lose the roll bar and put a cage in the cab. Looks good.
                    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Groove up the swampers as well?

Comment

It's not gonna be a wheeler Darin, no need for a cage. Besides the 6" lift coils are stiff as f$&@ and I'm not gonna spend the $$$ for 6" flexy coils. The truck will continue it's life of 8 miles to and 8 miles back once a week to the dump. And it should be just fine for trail running in the snow. This is why I really want an FSB; one day I'll have a whole family cruiser.

I'm thinking about one of those XRC 8000 on a receiver cradle.

Comment

Thanks for the offer mark but I think we have like 6 pitman arms lying around

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
                            This is why I really want an FSB; one day I'll have a whole family cruiser.
                            Once you go FSB, you will never go back
                            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Thats what i want to build.... ...nice Justin... When you are ready to sell let me know..
                              Last edited by Daddy4zack; 01-07-2011, 07:22 PM.
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                              X