• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: F150 Project

72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Ok; sober techincal stuff.

Couldn't be happier with how the steering turned out. Like I said we ended up using a track bar drop bracker to lower the frame side. Track bar is standard 1.5x.250 wall with 3/4 heims. I ended up shaving the mis-alignments down an 1/8 so that the frame sided can take full advantage of having a heim. The tie rod is a stock 78/79 bronco tie rod, but the drag link was to short (it was set up for EB). Well it turns out that the taper stock for rod ends is 3/4-5/8's. This worked out great since 3/4 heims with mis-alignments use a 5/8's bolt. So if you look at the picture of the drag link, you will see 3 mis-alignments per heim. 2 are used in the correct fashion and are in the heim, the other I flipped upside down, shaved a bit off the tip and pressed into the bottom of the pitman arm and the top of the tie rod. This elliminated the need to punch out the wholes for 3/4" bolts and allowed the used of the mis-alignment and essentially took the taper out of them because now it is 5/8 through and through with no slop (if that makes any sense).

I've got some Rancho 9000's I'm gonna play with for the front as well as air pressure in the tires. The ride at speed was great, but from 0-30 its a little rough. The truck tracks straight down the road with no wobbles and no bump steer but those springs are stiff and the shocks even stiffer (ES5000).

I screwed up when had the front drive shaft made, I measured correctly butttttt I assumed that any drive shaft we had would have correct joints on it. Long and embarissing story short, my shortened drive shaft has 1330 joints and the truck has 1310 yokes. My 1330/1310 conversion joints wont be in until tuesday. (any body need a brand new 1330 joint for a spare).

Comment

Nice....
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Rear shackles are 7 3/4" long which is 3" longer than stock. I got them from rough country. Those guys are idiots; real nice folks to talk to, good service butttt after a 20 min tech conversation that was all about 3" wide springs. The shackles showed up and guess what they were 3" wide (2.5" wide springs) so had to get creative and make them fit. There is no aftermarket support (longer shackles) for 70's era full size trucks.

Comment

This project took way to much time, something I am short of. But its all done, there are some things I would still like to do ie move the rear back about 2" (just by moving the springs pack) and down the road maybe some softer coil springs. It's all done for now, brakes are done, alignment done. Runs down the road great, little bumpy between 40 and 50mph but once you cross over 50, its like butter (If butter weighed 6500lbs and was riding on knobby ass TSLs)

Some pictures on posser rock

Photobucket

Photobucket

Comment

little bit of mudd'n

Photobucket
              Last edited by TRAILBOUND; 01-29-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

oh and we had to pick some stuff up in town, so took a test ride. Already got some "oooh I wanna F yo truck" looks from 2 different little redneck ho's.

Comment

That make the rocks look small, nice build up 'bud!
                  68 Slightly modified
                  67 LUBR once again
                  61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I think this video is about Justin

EDIT: Had to re-embed.
                    Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 02-21-2011, 11:11 PM.
                    {o===o}
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                    Originally posted by CityHick
                    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

That was awesome. Maybe one day if you talk real purty an ask nice I'll show you my 3rd ball.

Comment

Roflmao!!!
                        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

run ryan! i hear banjo music!

Comment

8ball
                            Attached Files
                            {o===o}
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                            Originally posted by CityHick
                            I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

good shit..
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Fteenthousand rides out for the first time. Had a little snow fun today in Long Barn, the boy had a blast; to bad Tuolomne closes all the U.S. Forest Service roads. So we found a nice place way in the back to just play. Then I had some poser fun of my own.

Comment

Working...
                                X