Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fungus' IH junk consolidated build thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fungus' IH junk consolidated build thread...

Nice truck!!! I would totally take you up on that travelall but I have a list of projects already and I wouldn't be able to get to it for years!
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

What out Patrick. Looks like the T'all will be headin' down to your neck-o-the woods next month! Great home & family of SEVEN to finish the revival.
      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

OK, guy from Fresno came up and hauled off his "new" Travelall last Tues. I got the parts run to OR completed & drug home the Travelette from Redding area, stripped the 69 D body down and hauled the carcass off for scrap! Even got to spend Wed/ Thurs on the 'Con! All in all, a fantastic/ busy trip.

I've got the 345 from the donor 69 at a machine shop in Redding that'll be rebuilt and stuffed in along w/ the T-36 direct drive 5 spd manual & NP-202 xfercase. 3/4 ton 8 lug D-44 front, D-60FF rear w/ 4.10 gears in both will replace the oddball 6 lug 2WD stuff. I was pleasently surprised with how good the body is on this thing. I'd give it an 8.5-9.0 out of 10. Some rust in the cowl area that I'll repair when I tear it all down to the frame and start swapping the 4x4 stuff onto it.
        Attached Files

Comment

Good looking tank John!
          68 Slightly modified
          67 LUBR once again
          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

& here's the beauty of IH. Picked up a 345, complete, yesterday (for the spreadbore intake!) for $50! Guy tore it down to the shortblock for rebuild and never got to the project. NO idea why he tore it down (wasn't very mechanical). Cylinder bores look near new as do the heads. If it shapes up the way I'm thinkin' it'll be worth cleaning and resealing then either shipping it home for the "Tank" or just loading it up with our household goods for the move home! This damn thing has almost twice as much iron in it as the 5.8!!! No wonder they last for 300K miles. V8 tractor engine!

You'd think a guy with 2 motors torn down awaiting reassembly would know when to stop. I'm sick...

Comment

Originally posted by Fungus232 View Post
              You'd think a guy with 2 motors torn down awaiting reassembly would know when to stop. I'm sick...
              You said it first lol
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Working...
              X