My Bronco Stable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bronco Stable.

I'm new to the NorCal Bronco boards. My '66 is pretty much done. It's creditalbles include a Dana 44 up front with an ox locker, yukon axles, Thunderbird disc brakes. Under the hood sits a .040 over 351 Windsor that's feed by throttle body fuel injection, Saginaw power steering pump moving rock ram steering assist and F150 steering gear box. Manual dual chamber master cylinder stops without any assist (and it doesn't need it). The trans is an AOD with supercoupe first and second gear ratios. The t-case(S) are a 203/205 combo. Rear differential is a 5.13 detroit locked tru hi 9" with 35 spline axles in a big bearing housing. Stock rear drums. The suspension is a 5.5" lift with a one inch body lift. Inside two radios are CB and Ham radio (KI6CYF). Flip and fold rear seat from a Heep. The rig originally was a Half cab but is now a roadster with a soft top and soft doors. Only things left to do are the Centec wiring harness and electric wiper/w/delay switch. 35" BFG MTRs keep it outta the mud (most of the time).
    I just started a conversion on my '81 FSB. Today I installed a Saginaw pump. Stuff laying around in the garage include a SAS, AOD, 203 (Dodge) that'll help the NP 235 (I had to rebuild it just after I got it). Fuel injection for the stock 351 Windsor (stock is soooooo sickly). It currently has 33" ATs but after I install the 5" lift it'll get 35s. It's air conditioned with power steering and brakes. Wife has her eye on it. so it'll need to be tough too.
    Was this what was ment when you said to share your Bronco projects? If not just don't read any farther. I'm looking forward to bringing the '66 up for the Rubicon run in June. By the way do we bring trailers? I have a 1/4 ton military trailer running 35" Bronco tires and rims.
    Last edited by Bart; 02-28-2011, 05:46 PM.
    Dana 44 w/ ox locker, yukon axles, T-bird disc brakes. TBI 351 W, Saginaw p.s. & rock ram steering assist and F150 steering gear box. Manual dual chamber master cylinder. AOD with supercoupe 1st & 2nd gear. The t-case(S) are a 203/205 combo. Rear diff 5.13 detroit locked tru hi 9" with 35 spline axles in a big bearing housing. Suspension is a 5.5" lift with a one inch body lift. Inside two radios are CB and Ham radio (KI6CYF).

Re: My Bronco Stable.

pics or your lie'n!! welcome to the Bart!!
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Pictures lots and lots of pictures.
      72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

your on the right track, keep posting what you do and just remeber the pictures
        72 BRONCO,still building.

Comment

Welcome aboard Bart! Your 66 sounds nice, can't wait to see pictures!
          As for your question about towing a trailer on the 'con.. I'm not aware of anybody in this group who does tow on the trail, but don't let that stop you (but a lot of these guys tow their Broncos to the trail). I am usually one to pack way too much junk in my rig, and a trailer will probably give me a bunch of bad ideas...
          Last edited by CityHick; 02-28-2011, 06:23 PM.
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Welcome Post pics!
            '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

Welcome Bart, rig sounds set up nice! I have pulled a military trailer on the trail (had ice and kegs in it ) no issues, didnt even know it was there till I had to turn around
              Rick-
              68 Slightly modified
              67 LUBR once again
              61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Where are the Pics? Welcome aboard!!!
                70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

Welcome. Where are you located?
                  69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

I pulled Merlins trailer out last year when he broke a rear drive shaft. Pulled easy, and like Rick said, didn't really notice it back there.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

9 post and no one has used it yet?

WELCOME ABOARD!
                      now....
                      {o===o}
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                      Originally posted by CityHick
                      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                        9 post and no one has used it yet?

WELCOME ABOARD!
                        now....
                        i thought about posting that but wanted to give him a chance to post a few. and Bronco Brian is planing on buildin a trailer.
                        72 BRONCO,still building.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
                          pics or your lie'n!! welcome to the Bart!!
                          I can't seem to find a way to add a picture. Ohhhhh man of little believen can you help?
                          Dana 44 w/ ox locker, yukon axles, T-bird disc brakes. TBI 351 W, Saginaw p.s. & rock ram steering assist and F150 steering gear box. Manual dual chamber master cylinder. AOD with supercoupe 1st & 2nd gear. The t-case(S) are a 203/205 combo. Rear diff 5.13 detroit locked tru hi 9" with 35 spline axles in a big bearing housing. Suspension is a 5.5" lift with a one inch body lift. Inside two radios are CB and Ham radio (KI6CYF).

Comment

at the bottom of the thread click the "go advanced" button and a box comes up with additional options. In that box is a button that says "manage attachments".

Use that to find pictures on your computer and click "upload"
                            Last edited by JusticeJMB; 03-03-2011, 09:52 AM.
                            '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                              Welcome aboard Bart! Your 66 sounds nice, can't wait to see pictures!
                              As for your question about towing a trailer on the 'con.. I'm not aware of anybody in this group who does tow on the trail, but don't let that stop you (but a lot of these guys tow their Broncos to the trail). I am usually one to pack way too much junk in my rig, and a trailer will probably give me a bunch of bad ideas...
                              Well, I have a blessing and curse, called a wife. She LOVES to off road, but needs to take "stuff" with her. That's why there'll be a trailer involved. Think my little off road trailer is bad, we bought a 40+ fifth wheel complete with garage section so Bronco can go and wife doesn't have to smell petro. Thank GOD that Ford made a 7.3 litre (444 c.i.) diesel to tow that monster. We're going to the Stampede in Arizona in the next couple weeks. April ????? maybe Moab and then June is Rubicon. Finally, I've owned Bronco off roaders since 2001 and haven't been there yet. Last November we did the Mojave trail and the rigs have never been the same. That's a camp fire story. Speaking of camp fires what is the status of camp fires on the ruby?
                              I'll need some help posting pictures of Bronk (s) with anyone can assist.
                              Last edited by Bart; 03-03-2011, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X