74 in progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74 in progress

Here are my pics so far. Lots of work will be done. This is my 2-3 month or sooner build
    Attached Files

Re: 74 in progress

Am I a member now.

Comment

I will post more pics and do it with a bettter camera tomorrow. I welcome all comments and criticisms. This should soon be transformed into one bad ass Bronco. I will be getting rid of the tire rack if anyone needs it. I believe I have all the pieces to it. Also those flares if anyone wants those.

Comment

1st off, nice start!

2nd, what are the plans for this "bad ass Bronco"? Might be able to give you more advice/ critisizm/ pointers if we knew...

3rd, "ragtopped"? Are you putting a ragtop in the hardtop? I've seen 1 or 2 of those and I LIKE alot!

Anyhow, nice platform to start with and thanks for the PICS! Should be fun to follow along especially in a 2-3 month time frame!

Fungus
        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Originally posted by ragtopped View Post
          Am I a member now.
          YES Welcome!!

Nice start, let us kmow what your plans for it are, and yeah use a different camera, pics are too small!!
          '68- 302 C4 x D20, Dana 30 x 9" stock gears, 33" pavement pounders, 3-1/2" suspension lift 0 body lift, wishlist getting bigger, wallet getting smaller

Comment

Im obviously doing a full restoration. I will just try to post pics whenever I can. My ideas change daily. There is another Bronco locally being built right now so I cant indulge too much information, but it should be pretty nice. Im doing everything on it damn near. New engine,trans rebuild,transfer case rebuild,etc. I think im doing a 2.5 inch lift but i may do a 3.5. If i do the 3.5 do i need to lengthen my drive lines? Im also looking for lift springs and other parts if anyone has some please let me know. I would like to save as much cash as i can so I would trade some stuff out also. Im a bodyman by trade so the body work shouldnt be a problem but some of the mechanicals i may need help on. I also dont have alot of time to finish so im trying to do it as fast as possible.

Comment

More pics
              Attached Files
              Last edited by ragtopped; 10-10-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

When the p.o. put the old flares on he had them way off so i added some material from some used cutouts that I got and fixed it. Then I recut them for the Toms Bronco Flares. The wheel is more centered in the wheel opening now.

Comment

Looks like you're off to a good start! Welcome aboard and welcome to the insanity that is building a Bronco.

1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Both quarters are primed along with the jams

Comment

Nice project you've got going here. Keep the pics coming!

Comment

I left the camera at work. The body is off the frame the engine is at the builders along with the tranny and tcase. Ordered the wheels the today. Went with a 3.5 inch lift. Can anyone tell me how long my drivelines need to be with the 3.5.Its starting to come together.

Comment

Odd as it may sound, driveline lengths vary from Bronco to Bronco with drivetrain differences, slight variances here and there, etc. Your best bet is to bolt the new springs in and take measurements - then you know its right the first time.
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

I thought thats what i would have to do. I need to come up with a cage next. I think I have just about everything else.

Comment

Drivelines should damn near be the LAST thing to buy on a full rebuild. make sure the susp is fully loaded with the weight of everything youll be running,body,cage,bumpers,spare,winch etc. you get it. then measure for the shafts.
                              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X